printer sharing

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by autox, Aug 21, 2006.

1. autox

autox OT Supporter

I'm trying to share my printer over a wireless network, and I have it all set up, but the printer projects just keep piling up and don't print. I have the printer on a desktop that is wireless, all the computers have file and printer sharing turned on. I added the printer to the other computers, and it allows me to print them, but they never get to the printer. The projects show up on the desktop, but they are sitting there and I can't get them to print. I can't think of what the problem could be. I have windows firewall turned off. I'm using a linksys wrt54g router. Any suggestions?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Are you sure the printer is shared and connected correctly to the other machines? How about removing the connections to the printer on the other machines and re-setting it up?

The printer isn't showing offline or paused in it's properties, is it?

3. autox

autox OT Supporter

It is connected to the desktop via usb. Status=ready and its showing 3 jobs, the 3 that I tried to print from my other desktop, and a laptop. :hs:

4. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Set it up with an IP address on a local port. Turn on the guest account on the PC the printer is connected to. But we don't know if it has ever worked, is showing online, if you're running XP home or Pro, etc.

5. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Try printing directly from the Desktop. I know it sounds trivial, but shit happens. :dunno: