Printer Install Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdlabster, May 3, 2003.

1. jdlabster

jdlabster Guest

Ok, I got one of those new HP all in one machines and I went through the install like it says but when I connect it to my comp via the USB cable I get this blue screen pop up and it says that there is a system error with the new hardware that I have installed. So I thought no biggie, so I went through and deleted it and started over. I've done it 4 times now and every time that I plug it into the USB port the blue screen pops up and windows is shut down to prevent a problem. If anyone knows what's going on I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

what version of windows?

I had a bitch of a time installing an all-in-one printer on my dad's PC back when he was running ME.

Also, try just plugging the printer in without installing the software - we had problems with HP's crappy software at work. If it asks you for drivers try downloading the newest ones from hp.

3. jdlabster

jdlabster Guest

thanks

I'm running XP Professional. I tried plugging it in before installing also and it still popped up with that screen. I'm too the point where I'm gonna pull an Officespace and just beat the crap out of it with a baseball bat. I spent 300 on this thing and it claims that it's just plug in and go. Their customer support sucks also. They're only there monday-friday and you have to make a long distance call. Why isn't there a toll free number? Sorry bout the ranting and raving but this is pissing me off. My ISP has 24/7 support, you would think that a computer and office equipment supplier would also.

4. jdlabster

jdlabster Guest

name of the error

Ok, I tried what was suggested. Here is the official error that I get on that blue screen.
    No_More_IRP_Stack_Locations
    If anyone knows what this means and how to fix it I would be greatly appreciative.

5. Mugatu

sorry dude, I have no idea what that means but hopefully someone else can help you

6. Mugatu

7. Mugatu

8. Mugatu

9. Mugatu

10. jdlabster

jdlabster Guest

Thanks Mugatu, I've read through alot of that and I've tried it and it's still not working. I got an email back from tech support at HP and I'm gonna try what they suggest. If that doesn't work I have a friend who's basically a computer tech and he said that he'd help me out with it. Thanks again.