Priniting problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DloBrown, Feb 7, 2007.

1. DloBrown

DloBrown New Member

I have an hp deskjet 6122, and it seems to be stuck in landscape mode, will not print in portrait, have reinstalled the printer and rebooted the computer to no avail. Trying to print my resume on open office, help please

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

It doesn't print in portrait even when you specify it to?

Did you remove the print drivers (printers folder -> file -> server properties -> driver tab) before you re-installed them?

3. DloBrown

DloBrown New Member

i went back through and deleted the driver before reinstalling it again, still no luck. It has always been specified to print in portrait, i don't know how it started printing in landscape

4. DloBrown

DloBrown New Member

it may not exactly be priniting in landscape, but its printing everything on the page but condensed into the top half of the page. I dont know if this changes the problem for those trying to help. Thanx in advance for any advice

5. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

You can specify it to print in landscape in two places - one in the program you're printing from, and one in the printer preferences (where you set up the port, driver, name of the printer...)

6. DloBrown

DloBrown New Member

In both places it is specified to print in portrait form ( which is what i want), yet when i print, everything is condensed into the top half of the page. Definitely not the program, as i printed in notepad and it did the same thing.