Priming/using buffing pads

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by eShine, Mar 11, 2005.

1. eShine

eShine New Member

Yesterday I used our new Lake Country Orange 6.5" FLAT DA pads for the first time. I previously has the curved pads. With the flat pads and their low surface contact I found that the outer edge of the pad quickly primed with product. Yesterday I found the flat pads took much more product and the foam stayed dry. My question is does anyone prime the foam at all to soften it up and make it more flexible? If so whts your routine? Also, do you designate each pad for eash swirl remover? I currently DO but was wondering if I was using too many pads. If you are using a cutting pad and SSR3 for example and the SSR3 is broken down can you simply apply SSR2 to the same pad or will the SSR3 still be present? Thanks

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

I spritz mine down a little with some plain water from a squirt bottle. I would at least wash out the pad before switching a product, soem don't like using anything but one on a pad. I use it, wash it out well with a strong stream from the hose immediately, then spin dry on the PC, starting at 1 and then up to about 3. Then use a different pad to let it dry a little before using it again.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

With new pads, I just use a little extra product until the pad is properly primed. I've been using the Meguiars and Propel pads so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I use different pads for each product. However, most polishes are water based and easily wash out so in a pinch, you can just wash a pad and switch products.

4. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

i spray mine down a lil with some quick detailer