Primer

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ~S~, Oct 23, 2004.

1. ~S~

~S~ Guest

:bowdown: http://primermovie.com/ :bowdown:

Stop what you're doing and go see this movie... fucking genius...
    This movie is going to make you use your brain and think. You need at least 3 viewings to COMPLETLY understand this movie. Like Esquire said, if you say you understand it in one sitting you're either lying or a savant.

It sounds like a typical time traveling movie at first, but when you sit and watch it... it's fucking dope, to say the least....

:bowdown: The writer has reinvented the genre :bowdown:

Also, try to keep spoilers out of this one for now.... Since it's in limited release, it might not reach all theaters.

Click here to see if it's playing in your city or somewhere near it or as to when it will be released close to you.... it's worth it :bigthumb:

2. cambot

cambot Guest

i'd been waiting for Primer to come out for a couple months now. i went to dallas and saw it the 2nd day it screened. shane carruth has things to learn about film, but has mad potential...

this guy graduated as a math major and had never shot film, written a screenplay, or acted in his entire life before shooting Primer. that's awesome.

3. CARETAKER

CARETAKER KANEDAAAA!!! OT Supporter

Saw this in limited release a month or so ago.. It definitely makes you think after the movie is over. It took me a day or two to wrap my head around the plot, the loopholes, etc. Near the end it seemed that he needed a voice-over to do some of the work that the visual didn't do for him. Other than that, I have to say I enjoyed the film right up until he started cutting all sorts of bits in near the end.

I really liked the 'recursive' nature of time-travel that was presented in the film.

It's definitely not a popcorn flick, you'll definitely be firing your neurons around to understand the movie!

4. Mac a Bhaird

Mac a Bhaird New Member

Great movie to make you think... Too damn bad these are so few and far between. If you like to contemplate once in awhile, see this movie...

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I just put this on my list like 4 days ago. Someone put it on their list of "10 movies you haven't heard of but should have" or something, and the plot sounded cool.