MMA Pride Vegas *spoilers*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

A few of my feelings for the night.

Josh Barnett really showed how much he didn't train for the fight, but then showed his skill by submitting Nastula anyways. I was really worried there for a minute. Erik Paulson will be at our gym next Saturday (he cornered Barnett), and I can't wait to talk to him about the fight.

Robbie Lawler with a great KO! Flying knee then he raised his arms in victory before going in to finish the fight. :rofl: :bowdown:

Kevin Randleman is an idiot. He is a beast in the ring when he's on, but I think he suffered serious ankle and knee damage from just being stubborn. I'm amazed he survived the ankle locks only to be caught in the sickest kneebar I have ever seen. I seriously felt ill it was so tight, knee bent backwards, and I swear I heard his leg break. I picked him as my upset win, but it was an impressive showing by Shogun.

And Coleman bringing his kids into the ring right after cursing was classic. W T F. That was seriously awkward. Fedor flat out saying post-fight he went easy on Mark to make the fight last longer is hilarious.

Amazing show. And Wanderlie called out Chuck... AGAIN. "I'm staying right here in America, you can't run from me anymore. Feb 2 we'll fight right here". :eek3:

Overall I was 6-2 in picking fights. I think I picked most of the correct finishes as well in the fights I was right on...

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

so many awkward moments post fight

3. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

it pissed me off when people were walking out on Fedor's speech.

4. xinster

xinster New Member

linxkthx

5. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

wtf was up with that gay ass intermission

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Yeah it was moving at a blazing pace till that...

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Yeah you could tell Fedor was going easy on him with how slow he was to take any initiative even though Coleman was still clearly dazed and probably couldnt see.

Also there was atleast one point where Coleman was down on his knees with a single leg and fedor had plenty of room to throw down some massive hammerfists, but he just tapped him on the head a few times, then paused, waited, and went to the body lightly.

Poor Nasty. I thought he looked pretty damn good and I was so sure he would ride it out to a decision because I thought Barnett looked gassed. Barnett really has some amazing leg locks and ground skills.

edit: also holy crap at Fedors punching. I guess having a fully functional right hand is good for punching. :dunno:

I cringed every time I heard those thuds from colemans face getting smashed.

8. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

I really enjoyed this event.

9. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

I like Nakamura even more after seeing that fight.

10. raj100

raj100 New Member

The intermission sucked... I think it was because they wanted to kill time to make the event longer.

Randleman has always been like that. If he doesnt win in 10 seconds he quits. I was like :eek3: when he was screaming in pain and not tapping. Im pretty sure he had his knee popped.

Coleman bringing his kids into the ring was pretty classless. Glad to see Fedor ravage him again.

11. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

Randleman is a champ :hs:

12. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

It was funny when you heard Coleman say

"this is fedor, he is not a bad guy"

to his daughters.

13. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

14. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

lol at when coleman gave him the love taps at the end. i wish fedor knocked him out after the second one, right in front of his daughters.

15. raj100

raj100 New Member

SRSLY. That would have been awsome. He had a look on his face like he wanted to knock Coleman out if it wasnt for the kids.

16. Kuet

Kuet New Member

pride, ladies and gentleman has arrived in america. WELCOME !!!!
    yes it was everything it was mean and was supposed to be.... i loved it.... damn you carson for being there live to watch it !!!!
    way better than any show the ufc could hope to put on , i bet dana really felt the competition after seeing that !!! AND FOR GODS SAKE CAN SOMEBODY MAKE SILVA AND LIDDELL FIGHT PLEASE ?? i dont care anymore, hold a gun to them all and make them sign the dotted lines.. i want to see it SO BADLY !! great show !!

17. seanjohn

seanjohn i like to lurk, so DIAF OT Supporter

it was a good event.

for some reason i was expecting ufo landings and miracles because, afterall, it was pride.

i thought i saw the ufc owners sitting ringside for the main event, lorenzo something, correct me if im wrong.

the most touching moment of the night was when coleman was almost crying when he was telling his daughters he was okay. he was crying, his daughters were crying, i was crying, and then he told them to say hi to fedor and i burst out laughing.

man that was wierd...i dont think i want to see kids that young inside the ring post-fight ever again.

18. seanjohn

seanjohn i like to lurk, so DIAF OT Supporter

oh yeah, i felt so bad for mark coleman after the whole musical montage that i actually wanted him to pull one out and win it. hero american father against an evil russian.

it wouldve been something reminiscient of ROCKY 4, ya kno' what i mean?

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

What??

You just said Randlemen quits if he doesn't win in 10 secs (overexaggerated I know) but then you say that he was screamin in pain and wouldn't tap, Randleman is not a quitter, he is one stubborn motherfucker.

You don't get a lung infection and fight the best fighters in the world and say that hes a quitter.

Props to both fighter, Randleman obviously had the wrong gameplan but knowing Randleman, what other gameplan does he have?

Shogun showing his versatility once again, glad to see that he has healed fully.

20. MyLittleAirport

Oh man I was like :eek3: when Coleman gave Fedor the "two jabs" at the end, I was like holy "hah..hah... uh.. did he just do that? lol.."

and :naughty: at fedor's translator.

21. MyLittleAirport

And wow, I still like the UFC but the production and money that Pride put into this is just amazing, they blew UFC out the waters with this show.

And wtf at the booing?? God that was really annoying, I wish I was there :wtc:, good to know Pride is here to stay.

22. JR

JR New Member

really? :rofl:

23. schism jman

schism jman New Member

fedor is my new idol :bowdown:

24. negative zero

negative zero New Member

Any vids up yet?

25. raj100

raj100 New Member

Sorry... I mean he doesnt tap, but it looks like he just doesnt do anything anymore. Like VS Fedor. He did the baddest suplex ever, but then it just seemed he stopped. And vs. Rua he just didnt tap but he wasnt fighting off the submission.