MMA Pride USA fighters announced

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

[​IMG]

Dream Stage Entertainment has revealed the names of several of the fighters who will be competing on the first Pride show in the United States through a press release that was quietly released on the PR Newswire.

When the event details were first announced for the October 21st event earlier this month, Pride's English-language web site listed seven fighters as "possible participants," specifically Fedor Emelianenko, Phil Baroni, Kevin Randleman, Mirko Cro Cop, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Kazuyuki Fujita, and Mark Coleman.

The new press release on the PR Newswire does not use the word "possible" for three specific fighters, as the press release says, "The October 21 card will feature nine bouts, showcasing Pride Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko, Pride 2000 Grand Prix Champion and Olympic wrestler, Mark Coleman -- who also happens to be a three-time UFC champion -- and 'The New York Bad Ass' Phil Baroni."

The DSE press release also says that Josh Barnett, Kevin Randleman, and Hidehiko Yoshida are "expected to step into the ring," although it does not use the firm language that they will be on the card, as it does with Emelianenko, Baroni, and Coleman.

In order to compete on the October 21st card, Barnett would first need to be re-licensed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and Yoshida would need to recover from the leg injuries that he suffered in his July 1st fight against Mirko Cro Cop.

It may or may not be worth reading into, but there are three fighters who were originally listed as "possible participants" on the Pride USA web site and were not mentioned in the new press release. Those fighters are Mirko Cro Cop, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and Kazuyuki Fujita.

No specific match-ups for the show were announced, and no other details on the participating fighters were made available, but DSE president Nobuyuki Sakakibara was quoted in the press release as saying, "We are thrilled to bring the honored tradition of Pride not only to the U.S., but to Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world. Our fighters are among the toughest on the planet, and this event is sure to showcase not only their extreme athleticism, but also Pride's ability to awe and entertain."

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

in for fedor kicking some ass :x:

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

woo Fedor :bowdown:

4. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

:x: that would be hilarious.

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

:werd: fedor wouldn't know what to do, he never fought a tall "striker" like him before :hsugh:

6. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I would rather see Fedor heal his hand fully before fighting again :sad2:

7. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Tell us you forgot this :rofl: or this :mamoru: because Sylvia would get beat in which ever way Fedor decided to beat him. I am not even going to get into Fedor fight experiences, Sylvia is a clown and would be scared shitless if Fedor walked into the ring.

Monson will be the next UFC champ, now that would be a much better match...

Fedor .vs. Monson

8. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah, whenever i use :hsugh: it denotes sarcasm. But i agree fedor v. monson would be a better match but still no challenge

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

I really want to know who they are gonna feed to fedor, last I heard his had was not healing as fast as they wanted and he wouldent fight to new years eve. I dont think it will be a top level guy...they dont wany any chance of his hand being a factor in him losing in there first ever US event

10. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

"Fedor is a little shit" will come back to hunt Sylvia :x:

11. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You mean Fedor vs Zulu II?

12. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

zuluzinho

13. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

soooooooooooooooooooo with the Silva and Liddell match cancelled, does that mean Silva's gonna be in The Real Deal card?

omgomgomgomgomg i hope so!

14. OnionPeel

OnionPeel New Member

more like semmy schilt...he is extremely tall, and a K1 fighter

15. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

anybody know how much tickets will be? I may just fly down to LV for this :x:

16. itr452

17. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

18. xinster

xinster New Member

i sure as fuck dont.

19. itr452

wait til they come out for the public on the 20th of august. There's gonna be 50, 100, 300, 500, and 700's

According to the pride website, the tickets they sell to the "exclusive" pride fc members; we get the best seats in the section we selected.

To me, $300 is worth it, cuz hey........ if you're spending money to vegas, might as well get decent seats. Plus you probably wont sit with the idiots that boo when fights get taken to the ground.

20. xinster

xinster New Member

yeah but youll still be overwhelmeed by boos anyway, and i cant afford it because i spend money like a fucking idiot. my eyes suck too.