Pride and Glory

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Pelham, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

Caught this last night. Has anyone else?

I'm wondering what you guys thought, mainly because I thought it was outrageous and honestly quite predictable. Each time you turned around you knew what was going to happen.

I thought it was a half assed attempt at a NYC-Departed. :dunno:

2. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

Do they pretty much give everything away in the previews? They make it obvious Colin Farrell is the bad guy in the previews. Whether thats true in the movie, I dont know tho

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Saw it today. Considering every fucking cop movie these days is about dirty cops I really enjoyed this one. Maybe because it tied in a lot of family issues. I enjoyed it though.

4. planeh

planeh Guest

Saw this too....

I pretty much put this in the same category as "Copland". I loved Copland and this seemed like a piss poor attempt at combining Copland and The Departed.

The preview yes gives away the fact that Colin is a bad guy but really its no secret from the start. I also was annoyed at the fact he couldn't stay consistent with his accent :ugh: When he yelled you could hear his Irish accent come through strong :ugh2:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: I never even saw one trailer for this movie nor have I seen Copland. And I certainly don't think it was trying to be "The Departed." It's written by a bunch of Irish guys, of course everyone is supposed to be overly Irish. NYC is filled with Irish. Stilll doesn't mean it's copying the Departed.

6. The only true amazing glory our nation has ever seen was documented in the aptly named movie Glory of our victory in the Civil War.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh:

8. difd421

difd421 New Member

i saw it yesterday, it's really great

9. Boogieman117

Boogieman117 PSN: Boogieman117

saw it tonight, wasn't bad. didn't like the ending.