Price for this 2002 C32 AMG *pic*

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by M4A1, Apr 25, 2005.

1. M4A1

M4A1 :)

What do you think? Seller is saying $40,000 OBO.

It's a 2002 C32 AMG, Silver with black leather, just under 11,000 miles, excellent condition.

KBB.com says $32,640 from a private seller. Just test drove it and the car seems to be in perfect condition. Here's some info on it.

[​IMG]

So how low can I go with the price? And how should I go about having him lower the price. Help me out here :o :)

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I can't think of a reason he's able to sell it so high. I'd offer 35K at lowest, 38K high :o :dunno:.

3. CalSpeedRacer

CalSpeedRacer i lurk

i would take the kbb private party value(make sure you enter all the options and mileage correctly) and average the kbb "good" and "exellent" price if it's truly in perfect condition. that would be my starting offer. if you really want hte car and it's as perfect as you say, then, if necessary, i might up the offer by up to $1k more as a concession to the extemely low mileage - which i'm assuming is a rare find.

4. CalSpeedRacer

CalSpeedRacer i lurk

oh also make sure to check edmunds and nada guide to get more data points on what hte pricing should be. you could also check ebay to get an idea of price but a car bought locally from a private owner is worth more to me than the typical ebay car which is bought at dealer auction and being resold by a dealer.

5. M4A1

I cant post on mbworld.org for some reason -- getting a database error. :(

He can ask high just because of the mileage. I can't find a similar low-mileage C32 and there probably isn't one :dunno:

6. M4A1

I figure I will ask $35,000 tops. The kbb/edmunds values are just below 33k, and considering the condition and mileage 35k seems OK.

I'm just worried about him being able to ask higher because of the car's rarity. :hs:
    35k will hopefully be my highest bid, but if he still wants higher I'm not sure what to do. I'm scared I won't be able to find another with such low mileage and nice condition. :hs:

7. M4A1

got a new car

:)

8. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

What'd you get :noes:.

ibcivicvtach

9. M4A1

the one above :naughty:

10. Lumen

Lumen . .

Congrats man :cool:

What are the future plans for it? Or are you planning on just keeping it stock.

11. NeedGTI'02

NeedGTI'02 New Member

they are very fast cars stock...but yeah, what are you going to do to it?:noes: