Preworn Raw Denim

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hyper, Aug 14, 2007.

1. hyper

hyper Member

I'm really new to this raw denim stuff, does it really take 6 months of wearing them without washing them to get the fade proper? Anyone have some good links on the process(We should have a sticky)? I saw some stuff on SUFU but its still a bit over my head. Also is there any places I can buy it preworn, I know that sounds lame but that seems like I could save a lot of trouble ;)

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

if want preworn raw denim to 'save a lot of trouble' then you should just stick to normal prewashed jeans

the whole point of going through the trouble is to get fades and wear individual to your activities and lifestyle

3. Brujo

Brujo New Member

no one else's creases, fades, and stretching will match your own... to get them to look good, you need to wear them yourself.

some people go 6 months (or more) without washing. and while i do this too, i've seen alot of frequent washing lately look really good:

3 washes in 6 months
    [​IMG]

Several washes in about 9 months
    [​IMG]

some jeans will resist more washing better than others, though.

if i were to say a general rule of thumb, it would be this... wear for 3 months without washing. wash in cold water and a little detergent and hang dry. then wash every 2-3 months depending on smell. and by a month, i mean everyday.

4. Bouwnt

Bouwnt choppa choppaaa

you sound like a loser; buy from wal mart