GUN Prevented a Physical Confrontation today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KiddX, Jul 17, 2005.

1. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

i was backing out of my spot in the parking lot, after looking to see that it was clear. i hear tires screeching and look back to see a guy in a minivan skidding to a sop behind me. i think he ws going ~25 mph. he honks at me, and drives away... or so i think. he stops about 10 yards away, and i have pulled out, thinking we are going to forget it and drive away. he gets out of the car and screams at me, yelling about how he is a convict and he will fuckin kick my ass. i flip him off and then ignore him. a few moments later he gets out of his car and is running toward mine. he looks furious. i grabbed my ASP (well, the knockoff one Jago sells) and jump out of the car. when i extend it he is about 5 feet away from me. he stops dead in his tracks, pauses to look at it, and tries to play it off "ive been hit with worse, im a fuckin convict" followed by "you know what man, your not worth going back to prison" turns around and gets back in his car, drives off.

after running the event through my mind a few hundred times, i feel that i would have definitly been attacked if i hadnt pulled out the ASP. i think the sound of it got his attention. im very glad i didnt have to use it, but im also VERY glad i had it with me.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

You don't know what an ASP is? FWIW, it is a telescoping baton, usually utilized by LEOs. They are bad ass and can provide a royal killin' if not used correctly.

4. monolith

monolith My soul grows ever weary and the end is ever near. OT Supporter

[​IMG]

Also, good job on preventing whatever would have happened.

:bigthumb:

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

glock > asp

6. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

:werd:

7. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i want one:eek3:

8. KiddX

fixed... unfortunetly i live in commiefornia and thats a bit out of the question

9. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I had a vaguely similar confrontation a couple weeks ago. Some jackass ghetto chicks were out in my yard kicking my trash can and yelling, so I went out and told them to knock it off. They ran to get their boyfriends, who came and started making threats and trying to circle around me. I took a step back and put my hand on my gun (in my belt behind my back) and said "You're going to attack me right here on my private property? Are you sure that's what you want to do?" And they all found more interesting things to do down the block.

Didn't even have to show the gun. They only saw my hand on my belt. And fortunately for everybody concerned, these guys weren't standard idiots. They knew the difference between somebody trying to talk tough and a homeowner defending himself. :)

I still see them up the street or passing by from time to time, but they stay on the sidewalk and act more or less like adults.

10. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

yeah, I'd love to see you shoot someone simply because they started yelling and running at you. :rolleyes:

Enjoy prison.

Good job on stopping confrontation. :bigthumb:

11. KiddX

i tried to keep a cool head the whole time, although i probably shouldnt have given him the finger, when he was coming at the car and i got out and extended the ASP, i made a point to stand my ground and not advance on him. deciding what to do gave him a few sexonds to consider his options and thankfully he chose to walk away

12. travisdb

travisdb What do you wanna do?

hk>glock>sig>asp

13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I don't fucking play when it comes to people coming at me while I'm in my car. If I have the ability to drive away, I will. I'm fucking paranoid, though, of someone coming up and doing something while I'm stuck in traffic or something, though. I'm afraid I won't have the ability to fight back very well from limited mobility and position while seated in my truck.

If you were stuck in the lot and couldn't move your vehicle to leave, dismounting is the proper thing to do, in my mind, so long as you have a plan once you do so. Giving up your chariot because you're a dumbass and jumped out just get jumped by the dude and watch el coche drive off into the sunset is not a good thing, though, so you have to be careful of when you dismount and when you fight from your vehicle. I'd like to get up to Tactical Response's Vehicle Shooting class sometime next year, because I don't know about you guys, but I'm in or around my vehicle a lot, and the possibility of needing to defend there is something I've thought about.

Oh, there's also the possibility of running the dude over depending on the situation. Don't forget that option. Keeps your hands and arms inside the vehicle, while still problem solving for the long term, as far as the "convict" is concerned.

14. KiddX

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. KiddX

i was blocked it by him, otherwise i would have driven away

16. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

When someone blocks you in, and then physicially threatens you by aggressively moving toward you, along with verbal threats to your physical well-being, you are perfectly justified in using force. In that situation, an ASP might be the legal amount of force, but make sure that your state's laws don't outlaw the carry of those type batons. Some states are gay. In GA, you can carry a firearm with your carry permit, but there's NO statute that exempts non-LEO's from the law outlawing carry of batons and such. It's really dumb, but watch out. Having it in your car may be fine, but I'd make sure there's not some retarded rule. It's suck to use it one day to defend yourself, and be clear on that charge, but still guilty of a possession charge.

17. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

A few months ago I was using one of those ATMs in a both that was kinda just in the middle of the parking lot at night time on my way out to the bars. I see a van pull up and 3 teenage little punk asses get out.

two of them come inside the room while I am still at the ATM, and I turn and say, please leave till I am done. The one kid chuckles and just stands there like a cripple. I grab my card and receipt and pocket them. I turn to leave and the kid next to him now says
    "Why don't you put your card back in and get more money out"
    as he says this, he pulls a fucking little 3inch pocket knife out of his pocket.

The third teen still in the old mini van.

I do not think they realised a knife is not that good of a weapon, I would have been in more fear of a mag lite.

I told him no

He proceeds then to pull the knife out, so I say fine you do it

Throw my wallet at him, basically smacking him in the face, the moment he had to deflect or try to catch the wallet, I drew my gun, and dropped the safty on the draw and stepped back, and told him to drop it and lay on the ground.

I proceeded to call the police after kicking their knife away out the door. I had them sit inside the booth while I went outside and waited for the cops with my weapon holstered. The kid in the van freaked and sped away. Unfortunatly for him his macho friends ratted him out in about 2 seconds.

Wallet > Pocket Knife.

(gun at the time was my loyal H&K .40 Compact Var.1)

18. KiddX

:bigthumb:

19. KiddX

im in California, and im not allowed to carry it on me. i know that. but quite frankly if its between me getting seriously hurt/killed and defending myself, ill defend myself.

20. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

nice work

21. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

Thanks.

BTW KiddX, those ASPs hurt like a bitch, a friend of mine had one, and he got drunk one night, and lets just say we were all convicts in his eyes...

<Continued>
    The cops were quite pleased with the situation. I mean I had to stand around for quite a while, as they ran my background (regardless of what happens I guess when a weapon is present it requires some paper work), my CCW permit, and the serial on my gun thru, but they informed me it was just a had todo, and a few cops stood around talking with me about how they were glad they were, because of recent cut backs the police force has really thinned out.

Only thing that sucked about this whole situation was the time I had to spend going to the majistrate for statements then to a general hearing.

One of the kids, the actual pussy drive (no wonder he split) was also tied to another crime in the area. Sometime around Xmas break, 5 kids beat up some homeless guy in my town down near the one bridge near the mall. I guess this kid matched the description and the peices just came together.

Honostly what has happened to this country where parents let kids get away with this shit? When I was between 16-18 my parents still had a solid grip on my balls... and come this point in time, I knew better than to pull shit like this.

now if only I could get this punk kid who has an decomissioned cop car who speeds on my road every day taken off the roads, I would be happy.

(by speeding I mean 85 in a 25)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  22. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Now that's a good no-shot stop. :bigthumb:

23. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

Very well played. :bigthumb:

24. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:bowdown:

I bet the look on that kid's face was priceless when he was looking down that barrel!

25. armond

armond New Member

ASP is definitely not something you want to play around with, we use them at my work, along with glocks and pepper spray. Just the sound of the damn thing is scary as hell.