pressure on front of hips at bottom of squats

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kit99bar, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

The position has my heels are about shoulder width. feet are pointed out. When i start the movement I let my knees go forward a bit then I push back with the butt. I try to go about an inch under parallel. at the bottom of the squat I feel a lot of pressure on the front of the hips on the outside. Is this a common issue that can be fixed by doing something different?

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I had that pain when I used to do back squats... mainly with full squats.

What helped somewhat was stretching my hip flexors and trying to "lift my chest up" (i.e. arch your back more).. I think that helped me to really put the load onto my muscles and get a better balance rather than letting the weight force my joints into a shitty position. Before I started lifting and when I was still new, I would rotate my pelvis anteriorly in order to arch my back, I had to learn how to arch by pulling back the thoracic region the hard way.

I just do front squats now. I go all the way down but no pain whatsoever in my hips. :dunno:

3. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

I'll try stretching more and see if that helps squat day tomorrow.

I just tested for a while and I can't even do bodyweight squats without feeling that pressure in the hip joint at the very bottom of the squat.

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I get the same thing, lots of stretching of the hips helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.