SRS Pressing Rape Charges

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FalconXtreme, Jun 22, 2005.

1. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

Hey i have a female friend that was recently raped by 2 dudes. the same night it happened she told the cops and went to the doctors for all the test and checks they do. now it comes time to press charges and shes being hesitant to do so. i need u guys to give me an arguement that will make her realize she needs to press charges other than its the right thing to do.

2. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

She'll regret it years down the road if she doesn't. I've known girls in the same spot.

3. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

if she doesn't get them now, they'll just continue to do it to other women. Rape is not a one time thing, people who commit rape, will do so over and over again.

4. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Moving to the Asylum, those folks can give you the resources you need. :)

5. Anyway you justify it or spin it -- you're a coward if you don't press charges, because the only reason one would avoid pressing rape charges is out of fear. Tell her that she deserves to go to bed every night for the rest of her life knowing she's more than just a coward, and that she knows that there are consequences in this world for inappropriate behavior. God may have the final word on judgment, but we also have a right to defend, and protect ourselves as individuals and as a society.

She may not wish to punish her rapist, but society deserves better than her apathy. Other hardworking, loving good hearted people deserve better, so this monster doesn't damage them too.

Imagine that monster raping a 6 year old child, or some woman on her way out of her office late one night. Imagine how they would feel having their cloths torn off, and being violently penetrated against their will by some stranger [or possibly someone they already knew]. Imagine the fear of HIV and other infection that might follow -- if the rapist isn't even kind enough to wear a condom!

Take that argument to her. If she still spins it, then even I couldn't convince her.

6. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Pressing rape charges is the best thing this friend of yours needs to do. If she does not she will live in fear for the rest of her life. It will haunt her more and more as the years pass, but knowing these guys are getting some type of punishment will reassure her of her self confidence. Next step, after she does press charges she should go to therapy. And by her doing this, it could limit the chances of them doing it again, especially if they got to prison. Guys in prison are not to faund of rapists, so if they do go in, they will probably get the same treatment. Tell her to be strong, and that you as a friend will be there for her, if she wants you there.

7. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I'm sure that can be severly traumatic. I can't imagine what emotions her mind is toiling with right now.

I can offer a couple links I find online that would help you on what to do as the friend though....

Life Enhancement Office
    Sexual Assault
    Be a Survivor...

Just be careful you don't come down too hard on her.

EDIT: missing word

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  8. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

cool anybody got any other sites or info?

9. johan

johan Active Member

Support her through this process. She may need to lean on someone for support. Be that someone. (if she wants it)

Aside from the fact that it is the right thing to do, it would probably help more to follow MB's suggestion and paint her a picture about other possible victims.
    Help her to see how her actions will PROTECT other innocent girls.

She has it in her power to shield these girls from harm. Help her to see and feel the power she wields.
    Rape strips away power. Help her to reclaim that power.

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

she'll regret it if she doesnt. on the flip side, be aware that going through that will be enough alone to keep her from pressing charges if something should happen again.

i was raped a few years ago, and there was substatial physical evidence, and i pressed charges. sorry to say, if it happens again, i wont press charges. trials are awful, even if it is a open-shut chase.

push thet fact that she isnt the only one this guy has hurt, and he will continue. Also, she doesn't have to press charges, the ADA can do that without her if there is a convincing enough case. What they more than likely want is someone to testify, and that's whats so hard.

have her talk to someone, or others who have been through the process of a trial. for me, it was as tramatizing as the assult itself....

i wish you and your friend the best.

11. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.