WEB Press Release wire services...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Swift, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

So I want to submit a few PRs, and I'm looking over a few companies that do it... anyone have some experience/recommendations on where I should go to get my PR out there? :bowdown:

I have a few companies in mind right now... :mamoru:

2. ge0

ge0 New Member

businesswire.com

3. MeredithInCali

MeredithInCali MeredithInCali

I just heard of this site, but haven't used it yet. A friend of mine used it to promote his affiliate online pharmacy sites. He says it works awesome!!! Please let me know how it goes, I am curious... http://www.free-press-release.com/

4. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

Pics of your tits?

5. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

slow server?

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Can someone explain to me what Press Releases are in the context of internet marketing?

I'm aware of what a press release is for an actual company or celebrity.

But I always see people talk about submitting your articles (with aff links) to article sites and press release sites.

That does not compute in my brain.

7. MeredithInCali

MeredithInCali MeredithInCali

No you can't see pictures of my tits, dork.

Falconer - as far as I understand it, online press releases are simply a way to reach buyers/subscribers/visitors directly. The word "press" always throws people off, the International Association of Online Communicators www.onlinecommunicators.org, now prefers to call them "news" releases.

In the old school days before the Internet and Online marketing really took off, press releases were literally news pieces released by companies, organizations, celebrities ect., directly to reporters and editors in the media. The Internet has taken away the media filter, cut out the middle man, so to speak. You can release news directly to your target audience and it's free. These sites publish your "news" releases online without a media filter. It's your own content that you, not some reporter, have written.

I'm am still exploring how to use these sites, so I'm not entirely sure how it distributes. However, I'm sure it really helps SEM. I think you can write releases rich with key words and links to your homepage and/or the news release page on your site. This of course drives traffic. You can also optimize the releases themselves for searching and browsing, and add social media tags.

I also heard of another site www.prweb.com. Can any one else help further explain press release sites?

8. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

This is OT, bro.

9. Ozi

Ozi Active Member