preparing for wisdom teeth removal

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MiseryIndex, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

all 4, so its not like i can eat on one side of my mouth.

now, i generally eat every 2 hours, sometimes less.
    i can't eat for 6 hours before. & god knows how long till i can actually chew anything after.

this is going to suck. question is, any advice from people who've been there on what to get?
    last time i had oral surgery & got my jaw broken, i sucked down ninja turtles pasta, & thats basicly what i lived off of.

i guess i can do shakes without a straw, but any other reccomendations?
    i'm getting it done in a few days. thanks :o

2. Moolex

Moolex New Member

The surgery only made it hard for me to eat for like a day. After that you just have a little soreness and have to make sure to keep the holes that are left over clean.

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I had mine taken out 2 weeks ago, I slept the first day off (some nice drugs they give ya ;) ) and went for a big mac on the second day. I found that I could chew comfortably with the front of my mouth, and as long as the food went straight to my throat I had no problem. Basically don't worry too much about not eating much the first day or two, have a couple shakes and you'll be fine to eat again soon. Grab some glutamine if you can, one of it's purposes is for post-operation recovery.

The T3/codeine really got me though; I've got an addictive personality and definitely started loving them, I'm just now getting back to the point I can workout properly. Tylenol and CNS depressants aren't the best things for lifting.

4. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I'm getting mine out wednesday... :( we can be sore and lazy together haha

5. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

the only reason they say don't use straws is because of dry sockets, you can totally use them if you don't mind that :o :o :o

when I had mine out, they put me under... scheduled for a 10am appointment and couldn't have anything to eat after like 10pm the night before, and took a valium as soon as I woke up...

they put me under, I woke up in the middle of them chiselling out the 3rd (lower right) and the pressure and the cracking of the tooth was quite interesting, and I don't know what happeend but it took them 20 minutes to get me calmed down and under again, i was shaking uncontrollably on teh chair, going in and out of sleep and was at a complete mental loss... after I was under again I slept till about 7pm, woke up, got into the car and immediately started the shaking again, and passed out after 20 minutes of it on the way home. woke up enough to get into the house and into bed, and again, the shaking started, and I really had no control over my body and I ended up shaking myself right off the fucking bed onto the floor :hsugh:

that continued till about the middle of the next day and I think I eventually got rid of whatever it was in my system, or it wore off ...

was fairly scary though

6. MiseryIndex

thanks.
    my apt is like noon next sat. is it crazy that i hafta be up for work at 5:30am the monday after?
    i guess it varies person to person. i'm just woried i won't be ok.

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

http://www.psyweb.com/Drughtm/valium.html
    You stupid cunt, maybe you can try doubling your valium next time.

8. Nouia

Nouia New Member

They may have prescribed it and wanted him to do that. The oral surgeon my mom went to for her wisdom teeth had all patients who were getting major surgery take something like valium at home before they even arrived for surgery. It lubricates the whole process, in a way.

9. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I had mine taken out at the dentist, just had the gas. Wasn't bad at all, eating solid foods the next day. Dont eat anything spicy though

10. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

11. blizzard0999

blizzard0999 New Member

Yeah when i got mine out this past summer i stayed in the first night and the next day i was eating solid food and felt fine. it wasnt a big deal at all, but food will get caught in the sockets so try and keep them clean

12. jonno

jonno New Member

i had mine out in june.

whey in milkshakes is pretty much all i had for the first couple days.

13. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Had mine out a year ago and didnt really hurt that bad....when I woke up from the drugs it was like I had just drank a case of beer, couldnt walk and was talking about random shit.

I was eating the next day also, would have eatan that night but my mom chased me out of the kitchen with a huge ass marble rollin pin.

14. devman

devman New Member

It hurt me to eat for a couple days, but i got some solid food down the next day. A couple people I know had horrible swelling for like a week.

15. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

If they're impacted life will suck. If not it shoudln't be a big deal after a day or two.

16. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

I'm gonna have to get mine pulled this winter, though luckily I'm only going to do 2 of them on one side, so I should be able to eat semi-solid foods with the other side

17. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I can't for the life of me understand how or why it would be perscribed with those side effects when combined.

18. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

go buy the full season dvd's of your favorite shows. I watched an entire season or two of soprano's in one sitting

don't eat/drink anything you don't want sitting around in your mouth/gause for a while. I'm thinking protien shakes would get super nasty as it's hard to get things cleaned out. I ate a ton of spegetti with meat sauced chopped up very fine so I didn't have to chew.

they just gave me gas and I was awake the whole time. make sure they give you good stuff afterward though. They gave me something that upset my stomach so I didn't end up taking anything after a day and it sucked.

19. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I used gauze once when I got home, after sleeping I never touched it again. I would suggest avoiding it if you can.

20. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

Make sure you get some awesome pain killers, don't settle for T3s or whatever codeine they try to give you.

I'm getting mine out relatively soon, hopefully I'll get a nice vicodin script out of it

21. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

When I got my wisdom teeth out all I ate was tomato soup made with milk + some tobasco sauce (fucking yummmmeh!) with mushed up wheat bread in it. + Protein shakes.

oh yea...percocet + vodka = :coold:

22. MiseryIndex

sounds like a plan. i actually really like the green tobasco sauce, i've been digging it latley. my hot sauce collection is ridiculous though.

23. IDx

IDx Elite User

IV sedation ftw...

no seriously.. best 250$ i ever spent.. i did not see one single surgical tool, nor did i feel a damn thing... go to an oral surgeon.. i had all 4 of mine taken out at once, couple of them were impacted.. i would have hated life had i been awake.. i basically just drank protien shakes.. (protien/water) some apple sauce and generally mushy food.. also find some kind of tooth pick with a hook on the end incase shit gets stuck in the holes.

24. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

i had 3 taken out before college, it sucked a lot, and my face was swollen like mad. I also couldn't chew for shit, and just had to eat soup/ice cream.

25. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I'm leaving to get them out in about 10 :noes: :noes:

A couple of them are impacted.... yay for sedation and vicodin... I'll let you all know how it goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.