Preparing for a Push/Pull,help!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TKEBoss, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

I need help from the powerlifting gods of OT. On the 27th I'll be in a PP meet. This will be the 2nd meet I have done. The 1st was a bench only. I have a fairly solid bench(hoping on 430+ come meet time) so I am comfortable with that aspect.

The main problem is my deads. They are slowly progressing but I have never worn a suit and maxed out with a suit. Can I use a squat suit? I heard if you turn them around they work for deads, but I don't know how true that is. Is there anything I should do specifically to ready myself for deads? I roughly have 2 weeks to prep for this.

Any tips would fuckin be a huge help.

Oh yea and.....:fawk:

2. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

don't workout the week before is all I know.

3. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Don't use a squat suit unless you pull sumo have time to train in it.

Also Ive never heard anything about turning them around but that sounds retarded.

4. CPop

CPop New Member

Some guys who wore suits that were designed for close stance squatters have found that if they turned them around they got something out of them for a deadlift.

If you lift sumo, practice in it asap. If you lift conventional, do the same, but realize that you just don't get that much out of a suit lifting conventional (there are a couple exceptions...).

IMO just work on your strength and efficiency with the movment. Try out the suit and see if it's more of a pain in the ass or if you think you could really benefit from it.

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

In my last two meets I pulled conventional in an Inzer Hardcore worn normally and got some pop out of it.

You have the time to fuck around and try different things so next time you pull put a suit on.

6. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

The suit Id be using is a hardcore.

How many times should I train deads until the meet? I got roughly 2 weeks of training and a week to rest. Also, should I cool it down on the squats?

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'd pull heavy in the suit this week and then cut those out. Since it's a push pull I wouldn't go supper heavy on squats. I'd do real light stuff the sunday before and then nothing the week of the meet.

8. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

Sounds good bro.

I hope I get 900+ total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.