Prelude owners...wheel question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DCyamaha, Jul 19, 2004.

1. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

I have a 97 prelude and i'm thinking about getting a wheel and tire package.

Will these work with no modification?

Volution sakura:

17" X 7" wheels with a +40 offset.
    they come with 205/40/17 tires.

Will this be the same "rolling diameter" as stock setup (so the speedometer will stay accurate)??

AND

They won't stick out of the wheel wells will they?

2. Moonlight Graham

Moonlight Graham New Member

If you could tell me the stock tire size for the Prelude, I could let you know about the rolling diameter differences, but since you are switching to 17's, I'm doubting it will be the same, even with the extremely low profile. Make sure they are your lug pattern too. I think hondas use a 4x100 and a 5x100. The offset is also conducive toyour car, seeing as how a +40 offset is made for a fwd car. One more thing...do you have any suspension/lowering work done? Because if not, you are going to have some huge wheel gap.

3. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

the stock tire size is 205/50/16 for a fifth gen. What I want to do is go UP one inch in wheel size and one inch down in sidewall tire size.

Lug pattern is 5X 114.3

4. Moonlight Graham

Moonlight Graham New Member

Ok, I was unaware they used that pattern. Overall, the diameter of the 17in tire will be around 23.5" and the diameter of the stock tire is around 22.1". The speedometer will read slightly slower (around 6%). For instance, 100mph on the speedo will meanyou are going 106mph.

5. tobagator

tobagator But see drugs and plastic thugs, ain't gon change

i am pretty sure its 205/55/16 i remember cause i compared it to the wheels on 1g eclipse and it was the same size