SRS Pregnancy....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wolf Demon, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

In advance, I apologize if my post doesn't have much order to it and is hard to think straight. I also apologize for the wall of text. No cliffs, sorry.

My girlfriend who I will have been together for 2 years on April 17th thinks she may be pregnant. She has been on birth control since sometime in December. Yes, I realize it's extremely rare for a woman to get pregnant while on birth control, but I can't help but feel really worried about the situation. She's using the ones with 21 days of hormonal supplements and 7 days of sugar pills. We ended up doing it the day before her "period" started. today would be two weeks since then and she told me that she has been experiencing lots of fatigue, extreme hunger, and weight loss. I have someone that keeps telling me that those can be anything but I can't ignore those symptoms.

I'm praying to god that she isn't pregnant. I don't know what to do. Neither of us support abortion so that's out of the picture. I can't even consider putting my firstborn child up for adoption, I'd feel like scum of the earth and it would tear me apart inside. I promised her that I would marry her, and I would help her and we would raise it together as a family, but I'm so scared. I can't even support myself. I'm only 19 and I'm a freshman in college. I wanted to get through college so I could find a job and be able to support a family. My yearly income is less than $5,000 a year. School makes it really hard for me to work anytime but the summer. If she is pregnant and has a baby she won't be able to work for a really long time so we would have to basically live off of the income I generate over the summers. Either that or I have to drop out of college and have wasted the money my parents gave me to help me the first year. The other thing that bothers me is having to face my parents. They specifically told me that I better not bring a child into this world before I am able to support it. Disappointing my dad just destroys me:wtc:. I don't know what to do or what to think.

I know that I shouldn't be thinking about this until she actually misses her next period but I can't stop worrying about it. I am not ready for this, but if it happens, I have to fully grow up... It just sucks that we've taken so many precautions and this is happening to us:wtc:

2. cerberus

cerberus New Member

It is possible to get pregnant on the pill but usually only if you dont take it right. Has she been taking it the same time each day? Also have you tried taking a pregnancy test? Is she stressed right now, lost alot of weight recently or anything like that? There are alot of things that can make a womans period late. If she is worrying about it too much thats going to cause alot of stress and may even make it a bit later. The symptoms you described like your friend said can be absolutely anything. Try not to worry until you know for sure.

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

wait it out

4. 7960

7960 New Member

she could have already peed on a stick and you'd know. why hasn't she?

5. Wolf Demon

I thought the earliest they worked was a week before your period?

6. 7960

7960 New Member

they can be used as soon as she misses her period. didn't you say she's 2 weeks overdue?

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

not to mention, she could also go to the doctor and get a blood test, which she should do anyway, even if the stick says shes pregnant

take things one step at a time. focus on finding out if she is pregnant first. if she is, then go from there

and like someone else said, if she was not taking the pill correctly, it is very possible to get pregnant. was she taking it correctly?

8. Wolf Demon

no, her "period" started literally the day after. But I read that it might not be her period, it could just be bleeding.

And yes, she is taking them correctly

9. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

It sucks that people get pregnant when they are actually responsible. Your g/f being responsible on taking the pill compared to women who do not.

Hopefully it's just a scare. But take this as a huge lesson. Start using condoms even if she's on the pill until you are willing to accept her getting pregnant.

10. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

then take a test. why sit around wondering any longer?

and start using condoms on top of her being on the pill if this freaks you out so much

11. Wolf Demon

I hope it's just a scare too. I'd also be a little angry because the other day I read a thread in the vaginarium where someone had unprotected sex with his gf 5 times within a few days and she wasn't on birth control or anything and she ended up not being pregnant:sadwavey:

12. Wolf Demon

The one time I'm talking about was the last time I actually didn't use a condom. I've been using one since. How early do the tests work? She said the earliest is up to a week before the missed period

13. Wolf Demon

She keeps blaming herself and she keeps saying that she ruined my life and if I want she can disappear until I have a college degree and can support a family. But I don't want that. I don't want her to disappear, and I don't want her to think she ruined my life. We are both in this together and I have to accept the consequences of my actions.:wtc:

14. seismic

seismic New Member

Get a blood test, man!

I second using condoms while on the pill.

My wife missed a few, and now I have an eleven month old. I was scared shitless when she said she was pregnant. Thought my Dad was going to kill me, too. He was even more excited than my Mom when I told them, though! Having my son has been the greatest experience of my life.

I hope you're not pregnant if you're not ready for it, but if it turns out you are, there are a lot of positives to look forward to!

15. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

now im starting to wonder if she missed pills on purpose....

16. Wolf Demon

She didn't miss any pills.

17. seismic

seismic New Member

Side note, April 17th is also my anniversary. This 17th will be 11 years. :)

There are a ton of things that can make women miss their periods. My Wife's was pretty erratic throughout the years. Led to a lot of scares.

18. cerberus

cerberus New Member

Honestly I think all you can do is get a blood test at this point. Don't worry until you know for sure

19. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

So she says.

20. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

What are you waiting for get to a planned parenthood NOW

21. Daria

Daria New Member

This x 11ty billion.

I've been on the pill for 4 years and I take the pill religiously every day. I had a "pregnancy scare" one time and I was worried sick. I had breast soreness, extremely light periods, nausea, excessive hunger...it seemed pretty obvious to me, but I was going insane with worry. I went to get a pregnancy test at the local clinic RIGHT away and the next day I was told I was NOT pregnant.

So instead of being worried sick for a long time, I got my results quickly so I could stop worrying about it.

The breast soreness ended up being my new bra that was not fitting properly. The light periods could have been caused by excessive sun or stress, or many other things. I ended up finding out that the nausea was from acid reflux and that I was having feelings that weren't really hunger, but I thought they were, because of damage done to my esophagus from the acid reflux.

Long story short: Stop being worried and get a pregnancy test fromt the doctor so you can be almost 100% certain.

And condoms + taking the pill regularly will keep you very worry free of babies.

22. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Get a pregnancy test, and if that does not comfort you go see a doctor for one.

Also I would suggest having the talk with your GF about the what ifs of getting pregnant and stds. I have had it with every girl that I have slept with. If she refuses to talk about STD testing or pregnancy, that should be a red flag.

23. Wolf Demon

Thanks for the comments guys. :love: I'll definitely talk to her about getting the blood test

24. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

bleeding during pregnancy is very rare even though when you search online that is a sympton.

She still could be preggo because it takes anywhere up to 7 days for the egg to implant so she could have had a period before she was actually preggo.

Personally, from the info you gave, I doubt she's preggo. Does she have some kind of other stress going on in her life? Those symptoms are very common and can mean many other things besides pregnancy and in pregnancy they usually come later....for the first month a lot of women have no symptoms.

25. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

People who cannot support a child should not be having reckless sex.