Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Isolt78, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Isolt78

Isolt78 Guest

Does anyone know a lot about pregnancy, tips on how to handle it, etc.? I'm really happy to be pregnant, but I'm a little nervous about it too, don't want to make any big mistakes or anything. Anyone able to help? :)

2. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

Me and my wife have 2 kids - Boy 4yr / Girl 2yr

I'll try and help ya - and ask the wife anything I dont know off hand.

Anything specific you looking for answers to?

3. Isolt78

Isolt78 Guest

Mostly eating habits and the sort. I know I'm supposed to avoid drinking. I've heard that it's best too if I avoid caffeine. I was wondering if there's anything else I should be staying clear of.

4. I'm a mommy of a two year old!
    and two miscarriages!
    Diffently gives you some advice and councel!
    Having a baby is exciting and scary at the same time!
    Guess to tell you the truth is all the things you are feeling, thinking, wondering, trust me your not alone and trust me they are all normal!

From a woman's point of view, just relax, take good care of yourself, the better care you take of yourself, the healthier your baby will be, and talk to people, even here on OT, I mean no one knows you, and if they say something you don't like who the heck cares ( I know emotions and everything you will care but just ignore the idiots!), we can all give you advice based on our own experience,ect. , ect. and try to be of help!

But remember you are doing something bold!
    You are bringing a child into the world, and it is going to be the greatest thing in the world!
    Good luck! All the best!

And hey;
    CONGRATULATIONS !

5. Isolt78

Isolt78 Guest

Thanks a lot! :)

6. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    It natural to be nervous. No pressure intended, try to stay in top shape- otherwise you could have a fucked up baby.

If you smoke- STOP.
    I don't care how many packs Sally smoked when she was pregnant. Just because she doesn't have a misscariage, doesn't mean the baby isn't affected. And just because he isn't dead, doesn't mean he hasn't lost a few brain cells.

Seriously. I'm not joking.
    No pressure. :)

7. Isolt78

Isolt78 Guest

I guess that makes sense. If it's bad for me, it would be bad for the baby too.

8. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    Totally.

Just be in top shape when you have your baby.

After you're done breast feeding, you can go smoke crack or whatever.

9. comatose

comatose New Member

i once heard my gf's cousin say dont eat anything like nuts. If the baby is allergic to it, it could affect the baby while still in the womb. Also not too much sugar...find ricecakes or something to snack on during the day, and eat a nice dessert at night. Staying fit just means walk around, not jogging, or weights or anything...don't get lazy, lug yourself around. If you get mad, breathe...if you dont breath, neither does the baby. You breathe, the baby breathes, you smoke, so does the baby, your blood pressure goes high because you're mad, so does the baby's....just take it easy, know that you will be irriatble, but be calm about it, let people know that they're not wanted.

10. Big Red

Big Red New Member

<---mother of two and i have also had two miscarriages
    well to a point, a baby is in the womb, it doesnt breathe oxygen like we do right now. Actually drinking a glass of wine is good for you. My OB told me this when i was pregnant with my second child. Ummm, on the caffeine part i would avoid it until they determine whether or not you might be a pregnancy diabetic( i cant think of the medical term right now), they will prob give you that test when you go in for your 4 month visit. After that i would avoid the caffeine around bedtime mostly, bc the baby usually will start doing flips:big grin: lol the baby will prob determine what you can and cant do, and what you can adn cant eat. You will crave things, although i never had any weird cravings (ie.pickle and ice cream mixtures), and i also usually smoke, but when i was pregnant i could always tell bc the smell of smoke made me wanna throw up.

Oh and you can exercise while pregnant you may just wanna stick to light weights, you can jog, you can still do alot to stay in shape. it is actually better for after you have the baby it is easier to get back down to your prepregnancy weight. which can be difficult, but with your first child usually isnt.

Get plenty of rest and take your vitamins and a calcium supplement bc they will suck all the nutrients adn energy out of you. Ummmm, cant really think of anything else right now other than......

Congratulations, and i will pray for you to have a healthy normal pregnancy, and a beautiful happy baby or babies, ya never know.