Pregnancy Test Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Renegade, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Well me and my girlfriend have been sexually active using condoms and she is not on birth control. I havent noticed any condom breaking or anything.
    She had her period back on the 27th of last month and we fucked on her period about 3-4 times. Lately she has been urinating a lot, but she says she has been drinking liquids a lot more too. She has been irritable, but she has been for the past month.

For the past 2 days she has been having some brown mucousy discharge. She thinks that she might be pregant.

Now when I get her a pregnancy test will it be effective yet, since they say wait a week after her missed period, but she didnt miss last months and the next time she should get her period is on the 26th. If she took a pregnancy test now would it be accurate?

2. Renegade

Renegade New Member

anyone?

3. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to wait until at least 10 days after ovulation before taking the test. The hCG can't be produced until an egg has been fertilized, and it doesn't enter the bloodstream until about 6 days after fertilization. The 10 day wait is just to make sure that you've given the hCG enough time to become noticably detectable by a pregnancy test.

Unless she ovulated just after having her period, and with the assumption that your sperm survived it (those aren't exactly favorable conditions for them), that's the only way I could see her being pregnant from that...but I guess you never really know, sometimes odd stuff happens. I would say that the brown discharge is just from very light spotting (causes normal mucus to appear brown) or possibly the start of an early period. But I guess it never hurts to test anyways. :)

4. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks, but she never has gotten brown discharge before so yes it is light spotting, but does that mean she is pregnant? Im going to get a pregnancy test, but have to wait for a while.

5. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

It's not something that can be used as a basis for pregnancy. I've heard of some girls spotting when the egg attaches to the uterine lining, but it doesn't always happen. And then there's spotting that can occur at random, regardless of whether the girl is on BC or not. If she has always been regular but has never spotted before, then I would look at her surroundings; as in has she been more stressed or more physically active lately...those can both cause spotting and can cause missed periods (for future reference). If she's never been dead-on regular, or at least close to regular for her periods, then spotting (or an early period) wouldn't be too far fetched in my opinion.

Your best bet is to just wait till she can take the test & see what it says.

6. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks, shes been extremely stressed lately and has been doing exercise a lot more intense than usual.

7. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I think you should be fine. If she is changing her workouts, and stressed, she will be a little late. A pregnancy test wont work until AFTER she has missed her period, so just wait. But I would say if she drinks or smokes, she should probably stop that stat (just in case.)

8. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I think your fine man, let us know how it turns out.