Pregnancy scare + Paranoia

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ComradeAndrew, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComradeAndrew

ComradeAndrew New Member

I need some reassurance, because this is driving me loonie.

When I have sex with my girlfriend, I use a spermicidal lube condom and pull out (I come after I'm out). But my girlfriend's period was a few days late, so I started to freak out (even though there weren't any accidents), and she did a pregnancy test. Negative. She was afraid she screwed it up, so we did another. Negative.

She was supposed to get her period Sunday, but still nothing. She's been pre-menstrating for the past week or so too, but no blood. I should also probably mention that she told me she missed her period for 3 months one time a year ago. She also recently started sleeping a lot more, and eatting more salad (she started packing her lunches). So I have a few questions for you guys-

1. Should I still be worried about pregnancy?
    2. Could she have had her period with no blood?

I'm being really paranoid, but I just need some reassurance.

2. fray

fray New Member

see this thread: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3022833

I know it says pill, but you'll see there's a major spread across the board with when periods come.

Likely some other factor, especially since you've been taking steps to prevent pregnancy. If you're really scared, go get a test at a clinic, they're are often free and while you're there, schedule an appointment to get her on some hormonal BC or BC device. I feel better knowing that I'm on the pill and we use a condom...just in case!

edit: you don't mention when you put the condom on. If you start without a condom, there could be the issue of precome, or if you kinda skip the sex, but come on her near the vaginal opening, something like that, you could still be introducing sperm to the vagina.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Read the pregnancy sticky, or take this handy dandy online pregnancy test.

http://www.thepregnancytester.com

Alright so I was obviously kidding with that.
    Disclaimer: The above link does not take you to a true pregnancy test, as there obviously aren't any real ones online. If you think you (or your girlfriend) are pregnant, please go to the store and buy a test or see a doctor.

No one can tell you if your girlfriend is pregnant or not. There is always the possibility when you are having sex. If she is a week late (or 6 days late), she probably needs to take another test. There are a number of reasons why she could miss a period, pregnancy is only one of them.

So have her take a test/see her doctor and get on some BC.

4. fray

fray New Member

:rofl: you are SO helpful! haha. I just picture this poor frazzled kid, happy that he'll finally know so he can quit worrying and then he clicks on that....

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: Maybe it will help drive home the point that none of us can tell him whether or not his girlfriend is pregnant.

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

We cant help you. Could she be? Yes, there is always a chance.

But if that many tests so no....base your own conclusion.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.