Pregnancy question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by StopDrop&LOL, Mar 20, 2007.

1. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

My gf and i have been having lots of unprotected sex this past week. Earlier this morning we had sex and later in the day ~3 she went to planned parenthood for a pap-smear and a pregnancy test (urine sample). The results came back negative, but my question is, would the (neg.) results cover the unprotected sex we had erlier this morning or would she have top wait X amount of days and get tested again? I hope you understand what im saying, i worded it the best i could.

2. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

It can take as long as like 48hrs to achieve pregnancy, so no, it would not cover it. 48 hrs is a rough number, but I know its halfway close.

3. StopDrop&LOL

I didnt think it would. I tried resisting this monring, but couldnt :o

4. StopDrop&LOL

Well when she went to the planned parenthood, they talked to her about birth control. The lady recommended the pill (not sure which one). We are both not ready for a kid and i told her we can just use condoms, because there are a lot of side effects from BC. But, i said its a decision she has to make and if she wants we can sit down and look at the various types of BC there are and find the best one. Her period cycle is crazy. She got her last period on the 8th of Feb.

Hypothetically, lets say she DOES get her period in the coming week. Would it be safe to say shes NOT pregnant?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I can't believe how many girls are not on BC!

6. StopDrop&LOL

Thanks for the insightful post

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Well shit, it is insightful for any other girls who aren't on BC to realize they should either be on it or not having unprotected sex a few times a week.

8. fray

fray New Member

actually, this has also fucked up her pap smear. good job. you are not supposed to insert anything into your vagina for 24-48 hours prior to a pap smear, or else it contaminates the results.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

it's not exactly easy, cheep or sideffect free. :hsugh:

10. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

no but there are other options such as the IUD(i know it does not work for all and there can be issues if she has not had children before)

still cheaper then children

She should get on some form of BC now! it can still help prevent pregnancy for as much as five days after sex

11. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

i agree...it's so inexspensive and easy to do, it's nearly 100% effective and the regularity of your period, the decrease in cramps and stuff is great. i have a couple friends that get so ill from their periods they end up puking and bed ridden and neither are on bc because they aren't having sex right now, but i'm sure once they finally go on it they'll feel so much better.

i pay less than $11 for bc, i guess insurance covers the rest...i'm not sure how much it would be w/o insurance, so maybe it is pricey, i dunno

i'm on a lot of medication for psychological issues, i was told the bc could decrease the effectiveness of one of the meds i'm on by up to 70% but luckily that hasn't been the case...only when i'm close to my period does that happen. There was also concern of the side effect like the decrease in sex drive and being dry, well i'm hornier and wetter with bc, i guess i got pretty lucky.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  12. iwishyouwerebeer

Easy? You pop a pill once a day. Cheap? I'm sorry, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you can't handle covering for your BC every month (mine is only $20 and I've never heard much more expensive) then you need to check how you spend your money and not have unprotected sex. Side effects? I've been lucky enough to not have any side effects at all, bt either way, whatever your side effects I think the benefit of what BC can do for you is worth it. And lastly, it's a hell of a lot smarter being on BC then not and getting pregnant unexpectedly.

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

doct appointments arent always logistically availible. im on wait for my college gyno. last time i got the pill, it was 54$/month, and most of my income isnt liquid.

right, there are always options. i just think its shortsighted not to understand why some people arent on it. it's not the universal answer.

14. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Carrying condoms in your purse is cheaper than a baby and from what women have told me leads to less strain on your back.

Not saying it's all women's responsibility (I make sure I have condoms if it's a possibility), but that is an option.

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

14 days after sex might yield some result, MIGHT, and thats only a maybe if you were take to take an early detection pregnancy test. But if that comes back negitive, I wouldnt rely on it, since you have been having unprotected sex. Wait until she is late for her period and test again.

And Yes, having sex the day or day before a Pap can alter the results.

Conception does not necessarily take place the same day as the unprotected sex, could take something like 2-3 I believe. But hormone levels will not increase that quickly to show a positive in a test.

Nearly all forms of BC have side effects. Try them out, start with the pill for 2 months. PP will give it to you for cheap. If that does not work, rely on good old condoms. But rely on something other then luck.

16. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

What brand pill were you on for $54 a month? Thru planned parenthood and wellness clinics you can get BC pills anywhere from free to say $25 a month. Of course most of your income isnt liquid, you are a student. Students pay next to nothing in wellness clinics just for that reason. Have you visited any clinics for their services?

17. fray

fray New Member

when i purchased it from the mejier pharmacy, my pills cost $45/ month. found out i could get them for $16/pack from planned parenthood. now i go there. ...and if i buy multiple packs it's even cheaper.

18. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

i think i may start to get them at planned parenthood once i'm off my parents health insurance when i turn 22, i pay less than $11 now and by what prices you guys are talking about wow, funny thing is, planned parenthood is in the same building right next door to my doctor's office, that will be so damn convenient...sometimes i get wierd looks from people in the parking lot when i walk out, it's like their thinking oh wow she's a slut when i was really picking up medicine for allergies, lol

btw: those of you paying alot for the pills, is insurance covering any of that? I'm just curious...i just looked at my slip from the pharmacist and i was unable to tell if insurance covered any...there was an amount of about $57 on there that said U&C and it says you pay: $10.23, couldn't figure out if the two prices were combined to be the total cost, whether insurance was covering the $57 or what, so i was just curious about the rest of you

19. StopDrop&LOL

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Yes, i know i should be using some form of BC. Im thinking about buying her one of those preg. test from the store, just so we know. The last time we had sex was this morning, what would be a good time for her to take it? 2-3 days...longer?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  20. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

YOu had unprotected sex again this morning? Wait til her period is due, then if she doesnt get it, take the test.

21. fray

fray New Member

I'm not sure if any other states have it, but Michigan now offers Plan First, which is a program you can sign up for if you have no other insurance (or I'm trying with shitty "student insurance", the only good if you're sick and dying and not much else kind) and are ineligible for medicaid. It's to cover reproductive type things, as long as you're not pregnant and meet a few other requirements. It will pay for your yearly exams and BC. Link is here: http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132--146295--,00.html and it's on the planned parenthood site. Not sure if MI is the only state doing this or not. Might be something to look into for everyone paying out the ass every year/month for pills and exams.

22. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I agree. If you can't afford birth control and you're having sex, how are you going to afford a child?! Maybe I'm also fortunate. I pay $8 every 3 months for my shot, and my insurance company picks up the rest and office fees. I only have to remember once every 3 months to call in my refill, pick it up, and drive to my OB-GYN. Even on the pill it was only $10 a month and pretty easy to remember to take...

I've been on BC for 7 years, so, honestly, I don't really see the reason for anyone NOT being on it.. even if it's just as simple as using a condom..

23. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Alot of college health centers jacked up the price for birth control. At least that's what I've been told?

24. lauren

lauren Active Member

began with an l, dont remember. no pp here, and my school doesnt fill their own scripts.

i wasnt saying there arent options, i just felt it was shortsighted not to recognize daily bc as a choice some girls cant/dont want to make.

edit: and it's possible to be capable of affording a child, yet voluntarily put yourself in a temporarily lower income situation.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  25. magik

magik New Member

This thread mostly just made me realize why I hate dumb people.

- if you're having sex, you need to be responsible. whether this means using birth control or being prepapred to take care of a child if someone does become pregnant.

- you can get condoms free from planned parenthood and also discounted birth control/emergency contraceptives (also available over the counter now).

- if you claim you cannot afford these things, how will you be able to afford a child? an abortion if need be?

- there are 850 planned parenthood locations in 49 states, there is no reason for someone to claim that they don't have the means for these things.