pregnancy issue..+weird cycle

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ///MPOWER, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ///MPOWER

///MPOWER New Member

Recently my girfriend took a pregnancy test and it came out positive, and iv read all the FAQ and everything and she doesnt have any other symptoms on that list other then the positive test. Her cycle is a 22 day insted of the regular 28 so I really dont know when the egg came out and if their were sperm in her when it did. I did not let it out inside her, the only stuff that was in their would have been the precum, and she also started the pill a couple weeks ago that I did not know. and info would greatly help me out, thanks.

2. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

pray its a boy.

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/false-positive-pregnancy-test.shtml

They say false positives are rare, but above are a few potential causes. My experience with test....I always buy 2, and take 2, regardless of what the fist one says.

Id say take another, be sure to yet again follow the directions to the T, and use that second opinion to be your motivation to make her an appt to get a blood test diagnosis with an MD.

Good luck.

4. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

from my experience: believe the test.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How long have the two of you been sexually active? Is it possible she was with someone else?

6. ///MPOWER

///MPOWER New Member

No, id had to have been with me.......her last period was the week of july 17th and we had sex on the 28th, and the test said positive on the 3rd of this month. Now were just waiting to see if she has her peroid this month. I see it being false because its really too soon to tell. She hasnt had any of the effects that are listed in the faq other then the postive test and i know if all or any sperm were in the precum were dead because I went and took a piss before we met eatchother. I really dont see how it would be possible, but I may indeed be wrong

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

What I am trying to ask is did you have sex with her prior to her last period? It is possible for a woman to get a "period" (although it is generally fairly light) while they are pregnant. It is possible for a woman to not have any symptoms of pregnancy the first couple of months, or for the woman to not be in touch with her body enough to realize that she is pregnant. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? She could potentially be more than one month pregnant.

8. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Good point, though I hope she had a competent MD that required her to take a preg. test prior to starting her on BC....but then again, some people, MD's or not, are just plain old stunad!

9. ///MPOWER

///MPOWER New Member

Yers i see what your saying, last time we had sex was 3 months ago. and i know she didnt get pregnant from that.

10. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

timing seems right...go get a second opinion

11. big 1

big 1 New Member

get a blood test done, just to be safe. then discuss abortion, adoption, or child support....just asking, how old are u guys> are u finacnailly ready to be parents? did you discuss what youd do if she got pregnant?

12. ///MPOWER

///MPOWER New Member

Yeah, she had to have 2 tests before she could get the pills, and both came out a neg. Were not ready to have a kid, were just out of high school for those who are wondering. We have talked and its really not a good way to start my 7 year school to become a professional golfer. I guess its just the waiting game until (if, when) she misses her period then we can get an accutate test.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

She doesn't have to miss her period. Have her see her doctor and they can do a blood test.

14. ///MPOWER

///MPOWER New Member

ok, thanks for clearing that up. Everything iv read says you will miss your first period after your become pregnant. If she has her normal period on time and everything will that say shes not, if i understand correctly.

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:hsugh: She already took a pregnancy test and it was positive. She needs to see her doctor to confirm that test anyways. What made her think of taking a pregnancy test if she hasn't missed a period?