GUN Preduzece 44

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gundummy, Feb 21, 2005.

1. gundummy

gundummy Guest

HELP!!! Doing a consignment favor for a lady friend who went bipolar on me....

I have one of these rifles, want to know what it's worth. The date stamped on the barrel is 1943. I would have to say that the stock and grips are in fair condition, and could use some minor reworking and fill-in, the barrel and sights appear to be in good shape, the bolt action seems to be fine, and the barrel and stock serial numbers match-the serial number on the bolt/bolt handle does not match the others.

Any idea on what its worth, or what ammo it takes (other threads on here suggest 8mm Mauser)?

Thanks, y'all.

2. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

gunbroker.com

EDIT: did a little reasearch, apparentally its a yugoslavian short version of the german k98 mauser from WW2, meaning it uses a 8mm round, I think its the same caliber as the mosin nagant, so ammo should be pretty cheap

http://www.surplusrifle.com/yugom48/index.asp

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Preduzece 44 is the name of the factory that made the rifles. Yours sounds like an M-24/47 Mauser Short Rifle in 8mm by the year stamped. (The M48 wasn't made until 1948, after the war)
    Depending on quality they can range in price from under $100 for fair condition to $250ish for a mint condition with bayonet and cleaning kit. (may find it for more but went off Gun Broker)
    By the way you described it, you are probably looking at 100 bucks since the stock is in fair condition and the parts are not all matching. Still should be a decent shooter though if the receiver and barrel are still in good shape.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Mosin fires a 7.62mm round, Mauser is a 7.92mm.

5. gundummy

gundummy Guest

Want to thank you all. Someone mentioned "k98"...this particular rifle, on the receiver just to the right of the "Preduzece 44" marking is a marking which reads "M98"...also, on the top of the receiver just above the chamber is a marking reading "29XI1943". Not sure if this is the actual date of manufacture, or some other significant date.

if this new info changes possible values or other indications, please let me know!!