SRS Pre-relation glueness, men and women alike?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jeywey, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Jeywey

Jeywey New Member

Hey all, thought I'd bring up something that I've been thinking about for a while to discussion.

Recently I was in the wierd but nice situation of being head over heels in love again, something that happens rarely. I am afraid this made me act like glue when we were just in the critical stage of being about to start a relation, which we didnt get past.

As a man I know I always loose interest when a girl is too much of a glue, too "on". I think this is simply because I want to hunt as long as possible, once you know the prey is down it aint fun if you apoligize the expression.

Now, the question is: does this go for women as well? Do women need to feel the thrill of the hunt to the same extent, or is the "I know what I got feeling" more interesting? Note that I mean just before entering a real relationship.

2. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

In my salad days it was just "catch and release". Now that I am older it's different.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

one thing i do know about women is that they hate clingyness. because they themselves are clingy and they probably hate that about themselves. seeing that in a guy is like seeing the worst part of themself

4. willdawg69

willdawg69 Guest

I think most women love the thrill of the hunt as well. They also like to work for things. This is why chicks always chase the bad boys and players.

5. kiri

kiri New Member

i hate it when guys are clingy, but i also don't like guys who play games. if someone were to try to play "hard to get" with me i'd just think he was into drama and i'd be like :rolleyes: and peace out

6. giz

giz Active Member

there is a fine balance for sure. I've been the clingy one, and I've also been the one that is so distant it confuses the girl. i think it just takes experience and some situational intelligence to know if what you are doing is right. it's going to be different every time with every girl, and you don't have to be perfect about it.

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's like Mystery says: Cat string theory. Take a string and dangle it over a cats head, the cat will play and play as you drop the string down and then pull it up. Drop the string on the ground however, and watch as the cat walks away with disinterest.

Like I said, some call this games, I call it reality. Even when you know you've "got em'" -- it's still worthwhile to push and pull moderately or gently.

8. Punky72

Punky72 New Member

I don't like it when a guy is "clingy" or smothering. BTW, Aluyminyum, the reason I don't like a guy to be clingy ISN'T because I am:rolleyes:. I don't know what kind of women you hang around, but I am very independent and like my space as well as sharing time with my boyfriend. Women (and men for that matter) who are clingy have no self-esteem, self-confidence, or self-respect and are co-dependent in my opinion.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

why oh why did you get that breast reduction :wtc: