GUN Pre-Ban AR-15s @ Rock Bottom Prices

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMCsilver, Feb 18, 2004.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Man, some people either have the inside loop or they are counting their chickens.

I've been traveling the boards (~15) and have found nothing but inexpensive ARs. I don't need another one by any means, but man are they tempting. Hell, I saw a LNIB Colt SP1 for $1,025 yesterday. A year ago that would have never happened. Hell, you can buy a used pre-ban now cheaper than you can a new post-ban (i.e. that haneous wanna-be M4 Bushmaster is selling).

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share. I don't usually post on the AWB because it is out of my hands. I have written my reps so that is about all I can do. It is just baffling that all of these prices have dropped the way that they have. Then I have to wonder, do I sell, do I buy, or do I sit and do nothing and kick myself in the ass in a few months?

I mean, this thing is cutting like a double edge sword, twofold --

1. Buy a few post bans because they will be banned after Nov. Then, there will be the pre, pre-bans, and the new old post-bans which are now pre-ban and AR-15s could no longer be sold to the public. It could happen...

2. Sell the pre-bans because after Nov. they will be pointless to have because all the goodies will be available for post-ban rifles.

3. Do nothing and, again, kick yourself later for doing so.

Oh, and to throw another wrench in the gears, H&K is coming to the US to build rifles. Well, do they know something we don't? Will they be able to build the stuff that appeals to the people? We saw the SL-8 and UMP go over like a ton of bricks. Will we see a run of PC basardized 91s, 93s, 94s, and SPs?

Oh to wish and hope, to hope and wish...

2. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

I'm not going to disagree with you quite yet... only because I can't figure out what the hell you just said. I'll give you one chance to explain.

3. RealFastV6

Have you noticed mag prices too? USGI 30rd mags in 90%+ condition selling for less then $15/ea. That was unheard-of 2 years ago. I even jumped on the bandwagon to sell all my Glock HiCaps while they were still worth something.

I think we'll be ok come Sept. :x:

4. RealFastV6

That isn't accurate. :slap:

As of Sept 14th, the ban on the manufacture of Assault Weapons will be completely gone. There will be no more "PreBan", and no more "PostBan" federally.

As such, on Sept 15th when you put your "evil features" onto a Weapon made durring the ban, you're NOW "Manufacturing a Semi Automatic Assault Weapon" as defined by the statute, which no longer is prohibited.

If that explaination doesn't do it... hopefully this will make sense...

[​IMG]

:x:

5. RealFastV6

I think you're getting confused (or they are confused) between 922 and the Assault Weapons Ban.

6. RealFastV6

7. ozwald

ozwald OT Supporter

umm, there will be no more pre/post-ban, imports will still banned

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Yeppers. I think that homey over there had it a tad bit backasswards.

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

you know, SP1's will probably be the only prebans to retain an ounce of their postban value when the ban sunsets.

10. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

From that link:
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bravo!

11. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

Can you do things like thread the barrel on your post-ban rifle after the AWB expires? I think you can..... don't quote me though. Anyone care to give some casual non-legal input on that?

12. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

You can thread your barrel now, as long as there's no flash suppressor available to fit the threading. But yes, when flash suppressors are legal, the means to mount them will be legal again, too.

13. RealFastV6

I got bad news for you Seawolf. In Connecticut, NO, you can't. There will be no more law Federally about it, but Connecticut passed a ban identical to the Federal Assault Weapons ban in 2001, and our ban never expires. :greddy:

It does however have the same grandfather date as the federal ban. Basically, Rifles formerly known as Preban in the rest of the country (Pre-Sept94) will be Preban in Connecticut and able to be brought in with no problems/awregistration/etc. The good news is once the Federal Ban expires, those rifles won't hold their value in the rest of the Country.

If you want the evil features, you're going to have to go find a pre-Sept94 rifle. I believe NY has the same law as well.

In FREE states, then yes, you can thread your barrel the standard 1/2x28 and unpin your collapsable stock at 12:01am on Sept 13th, 2004.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  14. ozwald

ozwald OT Supporter

i think all colts marked ar-15 will, cuz they probably wont ever mark them like that again

15. RealFastV6

This is true.

We can't have Colt AR15s in CT anyways (Banned by name) so I don't usually consider them. Ironic seeing as they're made in CT.

16. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I'm looking at an olympic arms car15 this weekend with some goodies, preban mags (3) for 1200 :x:

17. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

the SP1's will retain value because they're the only totally A1 configurations around, unless you buy a registered reciever. some people just have the desire for the A1 looks, with no deflector and all that.

18. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I can't wait for cheap hi-cap Ruger 10-22 mags and new production on hi-cap pistols that came out after the ban like the SIG229 and the H&K .45's.

19. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

wrong. In fact its the opposite. What is sunsetting is the Clinton Crime Bill of 1994, whic includes the AW ban. The import ban which was passed under bush is not sunseeting. What i ssunsetting is the law that says u cant have falsh hiders and bayonet lugs and pistol grips and all that, plus the mag capacity bullshit. If the ban sunsets, what is now a LEO AR-15 becomes a civilian legal AR-15.

20. Jefferson Darcy

yea, in new york, the ban is not sunsetting, since its a state law too... BUT, since I'm a cop in NY, all weapons laws do not apply to me :)

I hope HK starts making some cool shit after the ban sunsets... I want a semi auto G36 :) or that new one that the miliary is gonna start using in a few yrs :x:

21. Jefferson Darcy

coming from a chief thats pretty cool.... especially considering that cheifs are usually politcally appointed.

As a pro-gun onwership cop, I obviously agree. The assualy weapon ban has to be the dumbest law ever written, it serves no purpose.... but it sure sounds like a god idea to the average liberal retard :bigthumb:

22. Jefferson Darcy

:dunno: the federal ban bans AR-15's by name, but thats going bye bye...

It would be cool to have a rifle thats marked AR-15... but at the same time, even if its marked PC-15 or the Clinton anniversary edition or THE SODOMIZER its still an AR-15...

actually thats a good idea, someone should make an AR-15 after the ban sunsets, with all teh evil features, and name it the AR-15, Clinton Anniversary Edition or some shit.