COMIC praise ASM *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mortixer, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

Omg this arc saves the comic and i loved the finale :). anti venom is really cool i love how he worked with spidey and i think harrys gf is def menace she knew that book opened normals secret area and stopped pete from opening it

2. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

i didn't have time to read these on my lunch break. I have to wait 3 more hours!

3. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

Anti-Venom took everything that made Eddie Brock cool, and wiped it's ass with it. I want '90s Venom back, complete with the "We want to eat your brains" attitude... :wtc:

4. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Although i haven't read any spiderman since two/three issues after BND, i can clearly tell Anti-Venom is some stupid shit. 616 Spiderman has lost me as a loyal reader. It's just gone down the drain =/

5. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

just your mouth read the fucking arc then complain about it. you have no right to give it shit untill you read it. also anti venom isnt dead you see eddie brock walk away and see anti venom in the mirror

6. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

ven-orpion = turducken of supervillians

7. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

:hsugh:

I don't need to read it. I have friends who've read it who agree it wasn't that good (although they didn't say it was shitty) as well as various sources, aka wikipedia, that i can glean some information from. And all it's done is confirm it's a shitty attempt to hype the character again. It's quite unnecessary because the only reason they made him Anti-Venom is so he could live beyond the cancer. I'm sure they could have come up with something else than that stupid solution.

8. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

no i disagree unless you have read something its ignorant to comment on it. I dont care how much hearsay you hear. I know tons of people who love the most recent arc. Its a little thing called opinion and peoples differ. Hence why you not reading it means every word you just said has no validity because they are not your own thoughts they are others.

9. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Are you seriously going to argue with me over what the definition of an opinion is?

It so happens that i happen to have agreed/still agree with most of my "sources" on a majority of things, so when they tell me something is shit, i will not merely take it at face value. I will judge it alongside my previous experience, it having been one of absolute shite and up-fuckery-to-the-fucking-max, and add that to the expressed opinion of a shit-load-of-people who's opinions outweigh those of the very few like yourself, who so happens to like it while i've disliked it from the beginning, and a general consenus begins to form.

Thus, i come to the conclusion that it's still fucking shit and that my opinion is still that, MY OPINION, never one to be fussed with such silly bugger-all shit like facts and logic.

Cliffs:
    Who gives a shit? :rolleyes:

10. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

i liked this arc, but i'd rather a return to pre-BND conditions

11. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

I agree. i picked up the One More Day and the Back in Black trades. After reading those, i must say that though i do enjoy ASM now, i enjoyed spiderman more as a character when he was sill with MJ. Hopefully they will bring her back sooner rather than later.

12. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

i love it. what they did with Eddie is brilliant instead of just letting him off with no role at all. at least with anti-venom, he still has a version of the symbiote and still a little crazy.

i also love how the series is just by it's own away from SI and other crossovers.

13. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

:) for my asm love. No ones saying its the most amazing series out there but i like what its doing to attempt to rebound from brand new day. People on the internet just like to hate because they can. If you dont like the series thats wonderful if you herd the series is bad and want to stamp that as your opinion fine but dont freak out in an asm thread about how bad it is.

14. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

It went from being at Six Flags Magic Mountain to finding yourself in Disneyland.

It was an obvious cop out on Quesada and crew's side. They didn't want to deal with having to fix the shitty storyline so they just retconned it in some fagtastic manner.

15. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

I like it for what it is. A series on it's own without looking back at it's past. Kinda like reading non-mainstream titles.

16. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

i thought this arc was awesome

17. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Don't get me wrong, I liked the arc.

It's just tainted.

18. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

Exactly how I feel. I love Brock, and the end how the symbiote saved him was great. Hopefully gargan gets smothered in his sleep and brock reverts.

19. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

only thing i wish happened was the part where he wants to kill brock and the suit freaks out i would have liked to see the suit try and get back with brock at that point.

20. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I think it will go in that direction eventually. I'm guessing they left it open to see how the fans react.

21. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

. Well put

22. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

see i started reading brand new day on. granted ive gone back and read lots of older ASM and its not up to previous standards but for me brand new day sucked and now its going in a posative direction.

23. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

You missed some of the best stuff then.

Right before BND by the way spoilers:

Right before BND, Spider-man was all badass and the story was going places. They weren't fucking around and none of the characters were safe. Spidey also showed Kingpin what was up in a badass fight and pretty much was like, "I AM GONNA FILL YOUR LUNGS WITH WEBBING YOU NIGGER!"

He fought kingpin, kicked his ass, pretty much stated that he never hits anybody full on and humiliated King Pin and still being Spidey. It was awesome.

24. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

25. sploosh

sploosh OT Supporter

that does sound awesome. Any idear what issues that was?