GUN Practical Rifle Team Match pictures

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keesh, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Went up with my friend to shoot the annual PR team match. It went quick since pairs shot simultaneously. We did great one 2 stages and not so great on two stages, so we'll see how our scores come out. I think there was only one or two other pairs in the iron sight division, and we were both shooting 10.5" SBRs.

First stage was two 6" plates at 135 yards. First shooter neutralizes both from standing then moves down to kneeling. Your partner shoots from standing and hits both, and we continue like that from standing to kneeling, to sitting, to prone until each of you has one hit on each target from each position.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up we had four 6" targets at 135 yards and three small silhouettes at 100 yards. First shooter makes hits on every target, then the seond shooter does the same. After the seond shooter finishes, we drop rifles and trade places using our partner's rifle. This was easy for us because we have similar rifles. It was funny to watch a guy with an AR and a M1A trade places and try to figure out how their partner's rifles worked. We got first on this stage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The third stage was six 6" flashers varying from 75-150 yards and 3 larger flashers at 325 yards. Each target was required to be hit once by either shooter. My friend took the long ones because he's a better shooter and has a thin front sight post for longer ranges. We worked our way in and our shots met in the middle. We got 1st in our squad. Two ROs shot this with ACOGs and smoked everyone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stage 4 was a Virgina Count El Presidente. First shooter: 1-2-3 on each, mag change then 1-2-3. Partner does the same then the team repeats once more. My partner and I got our mags mixed up and we were shooting each other's ammo and out POI was off so we got boned on this stage. :hs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked up a blem (darker splotches near pistol grip) Cav Arms lower super cheap today for a lightweight build and so I can shoot an AR out of state and not have to worry about sending papers in to the ATF. If this thing was any lighter it would float.
    [​IMG]

2. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

looks like fun. kinda cool that they ran 2 guys at once during the same stage.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Hoss has a much fuller ponytail:hsugh:

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That guy is a great shooter though. He is usually in the top 5

6. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

so did this iron sights?

badass son

7. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

8. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Looks like shit loads of fun

9. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I am shooting a squad based match called an ACTS match on Saturday.

These pics got me all excited.

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

What's an ACTS match?

Post pics from it:naughty:

11. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I secretly think it's like stages that would be like SHTF/revolution type shit. I've never shot one.

It's basically getting your gun off a ton and doing neat shit with other people and using your blaster a lot too. It's like 200 rifle and 50 pistol. There's a bonus stage which is a side-by-side pistol stage, 1v1 and whoever wins gets extra points. Might be neat.

I will try and get some pics...I will be shooting my LMT and probably wearing a DBT RBV and I think I will shoot the match with my buddy who has an LT OSR and some equally cool gear.

[​IMG]

I think that will work good for <300m

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

13. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Nice!

yeah dude, that should be fine for that distance. I've shot my LMT 10.5" up to 400 yards and it's surprisingly accurate.

14. sprite

sprite Active Member

There is an ACTS club in southwest Michigan too. Keep wanting to get down for one of their matches but it is about a 4 hour drive and I don't have enough rifle gear yet.

Looks like a lot of fun though!

15. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

16. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Oh man, i'm totally coming down for a match in the future.

This weekend was my buddy's bachelor party in french canada. The strippers are overrated, but "Poutine" is the best fucking drunk-munchies food in the world

17. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I shot that ACTS Match today

it was fuckin cool

there were three stages - the first was like, flip a coin and then you either shoot odd or even numbered targets, and they are behind screens and you have to use cover as you move down the lane, then the second was like, simulating a human wave, you were prone with 2 other dudes and you had to put 5 on an IDPA/IPSC whatever silhouette at 200m in 7 seconds and then 5 each on 2 silhouettes at 50m in 11 seconds (I was able to make all the hits save one on the 200m which I pulled and it ended up outside the ring, bummer), and the third one was some super convoluted 'jail break' thing where you just ended up having to make a bunch of pistol hits from this little shed porch thing while using cover and moving a bit...it was neat, but the best part was at the end which was the thing I talked about earlier, the duel

I was like 15th or something/30 after absolutely MANGLING a stage that I failed to adjust my Aimpoint for (I was shooting 4 inches high which ruined all of my shots, I shot the course in 32 seconds which was near where the really good people were shooting and it ended up at 77 seconds after penalties because I am awful) but you can make up like 10 seconds on the duel so I knew I could move up

the duel was really neat, it was like, you both started back like 15 feet from a table where your carbine was, and you had your pistol on your side, loaded

timer goes, you run up to carbine, grab it (it's loaded, on safe), then shoot at a steel that's 50m away from prone, kneeling, then standing, 5 each

I totally did a super operator Costa prone successfully

I didn't miss any in the 15 shot carbine string

after this, you transition to pistol and do a 6 piece dueling tree from 15m, I missed one of the middle ones like twice but the others I plinked in one go

then you had to reload your pistol and run like 5 or 7 yards to these matching squares of carpet and shoot a little two piece dueling tree and whoevers clapper fell first won

I won, and got -10 seconds from my overall score which put me in 13th

I'll have some pictures later

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  18. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(bonus picture of me making ready pre-duel stage, spotted by Cavalry Arms 3-gun guy Russell Phagan)

Those are the only three pictures I have so far - but my buddy who took all the pictures I already saw that are cool hasn't posted his yet..those are from some other dude.

lol @ dude with the kilt

on the line, he had his ejection port like directly next to my face so basically all of his brass hit me in the face/neck (I popped my collar though. boom)

19. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Looks like a fun match. I hope his kilt had MOLLE attachment points.

20. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

which picture is you keesh? never seen you before I dont think :rofl: and if the first one is you, you look about 2x my age :rofl:

21. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That's because I've smoked cigarettes since I was 12 years old.

Nah, I'm in the gray jacket with the SBR and short hair.

22. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

tacticool jacket

23. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I don't have a vest or chest rig, I'll try harder next time. I'm a little faster with belt pouches for my mags.

24. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I am trying to get rid of my chest rig/plate carrier. don't have any plates, and the whole rig is just so fucking big and bulky, I don't blame you at all. I have wanted to get a jacket like that for a while and use the molle mag carriers that have the elastic on the top.