Powering problem with my laptop

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MF-DIF, Feb 28, 2006.

1. MF-DIF

MF-DIF newxoom.com

Jan 15, 2004
    The laptop power is acting up. Whenever I put the powercord in it almost immediately switches to battery power. I have to sit there and figgit with it for a few mins before it consistantly pulls power from the cord. And then if I move it ever so slightly it starts pulling power from the battery again. I think something is wrong with the power socket.

So far I have tried:
    -different outlets
    -different powercords
    -different power settings

I called tech support but didn't get to finish because I had a meeting and they where taking forever. They told me it is a software issue. :squint:

Also my battery that is 6-months old literally only holds a 5min charge, but thats another issue.

This prob seems hardware to me...:hs:
  2. YoSmoovKid

YoSmoovKid New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Yes, it is a hardware issue.

If you have used different outlets, cords, etc. I would say that the laptop would be the problem. What kind do you have, how old is it??

Finally, you should remove the battery while running off the power cord, this is why it only lasts for about 5 mins now. Power comes off the cable to charge the battery, then the battery in turn supplys power to the laptop. Great way to kill the battery in short.