PowerColor GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ASIANPRIDE, Jun 17, 2003.

1. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

Ok I just bought this car for $114 CDN regular like $300....and I had an older GeForce DDR.....SO I went to Nvidia and d/l the newest drivers for my older card....but when I installed my new card it wouldn't do half the things it was supposed to do....ie...TV-OUT, OPEN-GL.....etc....so I went to the PowerColor website and d/l there drivers.....but now it doesn't seem to look as good because I think the older drivers aren't as good as the new ones I d/l from nvidia but for my older GeForce DDR card....

So what I'm getting at...where can I get some drivers for this card that will make it run perfect......btw...I heard that the new drivers off nvidia are all messed up and will make my card run like ass.....

Also...is it bad to d/l to many dif. drivers for my card.....any help is greatly appriciated...

2. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

asian pride heh?

3. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

here is the safest way to install a new video driver if you already have one installed:

- go to control panel -> add/remove programs
    - remove old video card driver
    - restart computer (you'll be in crappy vga mode)
    - install new driver
    - restart computer

this may be going a little overboard, but you'll minimize any conflicts.

here's another story:

i got a new video card a few months ago. i installed it, and everything seemed to be running fine until i noticed weird texture fragments on some scenes of some games. i spent about two days of constant board-reading and driver-hunting to fix the prob, and it never went away. so finally i just rma'd the board (mm.. newegg) and got a new one.. never seen the problem again.

moral: sometimes you just get a bad board.

4. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

No...it was working wicked using the drivers I had installed for my Geforce DDR....but then drivers I got off this site make the card utilize more functions but it doesn't seem to run as nice.....thanx for the help man....

DIGITAL.....you got something to say !!!!