Powerbook wireless problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hondapower, May 16, 2005.

1. hondapower

hondapower New Member

I just hooked up a wireless connection in my house so I could use my laptop anywhere in the house. It shows the connection, and depending on how close I am to the router it goes up or down so I know its working, but it won't actually connect to the internet. The router is a linksys wireless-G broadband router. I didn't even set up the cd on the mac, it just automatically recognized it, but like I said it won't gon online. help?

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

make sure they are on the same channel, make sure the airport card's antenna is plugged all the way in.

if those 2 things dont work let me know, i had to solve this problem not too long ago also.

good luck

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

just because you have a signal doesn't mean you have a connection. If you have a cable connection, you need to set the router to DHCP. If you have a DSL connection, you should use PPPoE (username & password required) Go into the router setup menu and check your settings.

4. inamorata

inamorata New Member

192.168.1.1 :o just in case he didnt know

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

mine does that every now and then when i go from wire to wireless. it will show that i have signal but will not connect. i have to re-enter my wep key or unplug the power to my router for a second

6. hondapower

hondapower New Member

yea, turned out to be the cable modem. it was always hooked up through usb to the desktop, because it's ethernet is messed up. i knew macs were flawless, can't even imagine that i would think there could be something wrong with it lol