Powerbook Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Icedog, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Icedog

Icedog New Member

So my folks bought me a 667 DVI a few years back at CompUSA and they also purchased the TAP warranty. The Powerbook freaked out and they replaced the Logic Board, but in doing so they messed up a bunch of other stuff (I should make a post about it). Anyways, they decided to replace the entire upper case. Well, they replaced that but now they said they have to order a new battery backup because the one in the old case was glued in and would break if taken out. The tech I talked to said the laptop would not even turn on if this part was missing.

Is the tech correct in that the Powerbook will not turn on without the battery backup? Shouldn't the tech have known he would have to order one of these if it was so essential and you were unable to reuse the one from the previous upper case? The reason I ask is because CompUSA hasn't had much luck in fixing the Powerbook, and it seems like anytime they try fixing something they end up just breaking something else.

Just curious what you folks have to say. :hsd:

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

im not sure about the battery backup but if CompUSA isn't doing a good job, take it to apple and tell them to look at it. Explain to them your situation and tell them you don't trust their work anymore.

3. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I would but the laptop is almost three years old. I guess Apple would look at it for free, but they sure won't fix it for free.

4. Icedog

Icedog New Member

come on, I thought one of you guys were a certified apple tech.