power tower. anyone know where to find cheap?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RyeBread, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/43/61/92/09/0043619209143_500X500.jpg

not sure if it'll allow remote linking.

yeah, it's only $100 roughly, but a pretty reasonable full rack system can be had for $400-500 (I'm obviously not doing 900lbs on the lat pull downs like some of you guys are :mamaru: )

a full rack system would be more versatile, and/or useful for more workouts, but I'd like something like this in the mean time until I'm able to kick my tenant out of my basement (wife's friend)

anyone find one cheaper or have one forsale here in .mi.us?

2. BluSpecs

BluSpecs New Member

$100 seems to be about the best price for these new, at least everyware I've seen them

3. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

4. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

I tried out one like the first one at Dunham's - I didn't like the pullup/chinup bar being on the same side as the dips/leg raises.

my brother has one like I posted a pic of, and it seemed sturdy enough - I prefer to do slow/controlled movements than to do "gymnastics" on it :)

at $399+ for the 2nd one, I'd definately spend a bit more, and by a pully/cable/rack system with bench, and some more freeweights as well.

thanks for the input all - I was just hoping to find one cheaper. I may go real cheap, and just put in a steel dowl in the basement for pullups, and do dips and leg raises at a couple of sawhorses or something.

I'll sometimes do them in the kitchen spanning the distance from the island to the kitchen counter, but the counter's edges are unfriendly, and the distance is honestly a bit too far apart :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.