Power Supply

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brandong, Nov 6, 2007.

1. brandong

brandong New Member

Alright....My power supply went out monday. It fried, you could actually smell it when you knelt down by it. I bought a new one and the computer turns on but the screen just turns on and shows the HP screen then it goes blue. The hard drive turns on but I am wondering if it isn't reading my hard drive. Or even worse, the mother board is fried. I'm not really technical when it comes to mother boards and crap. But if anybody has any ideas that could help that would be greatly appreciated.

TIA-
    Brandon

2. Chris

Chris New Member

did you buy a PSU at least equal to or more powerful than your last one? assuming you did, if you have another computer start pulling parts out of the dead one (HDD, mobo, RAM) and testing them one by one

3. brandong

brandong New Member

The power supply is a little more powerful. The other computer that I have is an old Dell and it is probably about 2-3 years old and it has a Pentium 4 Processor. This HP has an AMD Live 64x2 processor. and HDD and mobo I have no idea what those are....

Edit: guessing that Mobo is mother board...like i stated above...there is a bid difference between the two.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

yeah, I was just trying to rule out insufficient power being the cause your boot up problem

it sounds like something got cooked when your old PSU died, like I said, test each of the parts in a working machine if youve got one, and if not take it to a repair shop so they can determine which if any of your components can be salvaged