power supply woes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by qtipboy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. qtipboy

qtipboy They taste like burning!

:sadwavey: hey guys i'm having extreme trouble trying to get my computer to work again. (posting from laptop). So i opened up my computer and decided to clean out the power supply fan and just clean up the computer as usual. then i reconnect everything and expect my computer to go back up back to normal. right? wrong.

there's a green LED on my power supply and it doesn't light up anymore. the motherboard lights go on though. however, there's a button called "test switch" and when i press it, the system comes alive... to an extent. the hd spins, the gpu's fan goes , cpu fan starts and power supply seems to "work". everything looks normal except that the power button is still amber and there is no video output. when i release the test button however, the led turns off along with the whole system. motherboard still lit up ... so i don't know what's wrong

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

is there a power connector for the video card? Did you remove any of the cards? Is the atx power cable(the big 20 pin one) clipped in all the way?