WEB power of WML?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by maxxpower, Apr 29, 2009.

1. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

As some of you know I own a software company and we are having problems trying to find sales in the US.

We have a unique product that allows companies to display network controlled and scalable 1080p HD video on Point of sales terminals that are idle or on portions of the screens of those POS terminals. One server can distribute content to 10,000+ clients.

I have quite a few leads here in Canada on what retailers have existing (xpe or windows based POS) terminals facing the customers, but, do not know much about the American industry or abroad.

If anyone can hook me up with a marketing contact/lead for a major chain, I will surely reward you with 10% profit commission.

On a side note, if this post is againts the WML TOS please ignore it and I will delete it. :)

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I wish I could help you man, i been out of the chain retail game for awhile now, I used to work at pepsi, i had contacts at all the chain stores, meijer, target, kmart, walmart and so on, but I stopped working for pepsi back in 2001

3. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm talking to companies about race car sponsorship.

I'll try to pitch your deal if I get a chance. :)

4. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

Hmm.. redbox? That sounds like a good place to start... it runs on XP, sucks waiting for their machines to reboot after an update...

5. nida

nida Guest

make a pitch to redbox to start offering blurays in upscale communities.

6. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Redbox isnt a good client since they have the IT and development back end to reproduce or emulate what our product does.

Essentially, we are looking for retailers that have large chains of POS terminals that customers can see. We have quite a few chains here in Canada..
    An example of this is HomeDepot... when you walk up to one of the 4600 home depot self scan checkout machines it says "press the screen to begin", our sofware allows all 4600 of those machines to playback any HD quality commercial when not in use.
    Hundreds of grocery store, drug store etc chains have these screens sitting around doing nothing most of the time when they can be used to sell items. These are the retailers we are looking for.

7. Deviance

Deviance Can't you smell that smell? OT Supporter

In Colorado, King Soopers has the P.O.S. terminals at their gas pumps. They already market their own products on them, though. Quite annoying.

8. carlo2343

carlo2343 New Member

Stop and Shops? I know ones around here have a ton of self-checkout machines and all they do is sit on the English/Spanish screen until someone starts scanning their items.