MIL POV travel reimbursement

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shiba, Sep 2, 2007.

1. shiba

shiba Active Member

Im going to be traveling from NYC to Ft. Benning by POV for BOLC and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on maximizing what my reimbursement. Things like what forms do i need to fill out and what i should be reporting would be helpful. Thanks.

2. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

If they offer DITY then take that and load up your car. And report everything from ATM fees to fuel and lodging. They take care of most of that but everything helps.

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Try and see if you can max out your weight limit.

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

a few cinder blocks FTW

5. shiba

shiba Active Member

no dity offered but Do I have to hold onto the reciepts for everythign i report? Is there a limit on what I can spend?

6. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

if they allow you 5 days of travel use 5 days...dont report early..

7. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

LMAO...good luck filing your travel vouchers. Seriously, PM me and we can talk about the BOLC travel vouchers and your final travel voucher. Where is your final duty station (this matters greatly).

No matter how far you travel you will get paid based on DAYS it takes to get there. What's shitty is they use their own calculation to get the amount of days. I think its 99 dollars a day of travel.

BTW: All the travel vouchers you send in before you reach your PCS are not REAL. They are "advancements". Keep track of everything and make sure you have money to cover your ass in case the final voucher was over paid and you have to pay it back. happens to LT's all the time.

8. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

You should be authorized 600 lbs. for the DITY. Everybody that goes to BOLC is authorized that. The DITY does not pay for lodging, you'll have to do a normal travel voucher to get that. You can't do your travel voucher at BOLC 2 but you can do it at your OBC or just do one big one when you get to your duty station.

Go weigh your car with nothing and no gas within a week before you leave. Then load it up and put gas in it the day you leave. I had two 50 lb. dumbells and I almost maxed my weight allowance.

9. shiba

shiba Active Member

DITY also authorized for reservist? Still not quite sure how DITY works, But i'll do some fact finding on the internet. Anything else I should claim?

10. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

You are authorized a hotel room for every 12 hours of travel. I was authorized one for my trip from Pittsburgh to Ft Gordon, so you should be authorized one too.

11. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

Yes you should.

Go to your local transportation office and and tell them you want to do a DITY to Sill/Benning and show them your orders. They will give you some paper work, just fill it out when you arrive at BOLC 2. They will also tell you where you can get your car weighed.

Basicly you are getting paid for the amount of weight you carry in your car, gas used and the cost of weighing your car. So go weigh your car unloaded and loaded. Go to the same weigh station. Whatever the difference is , that's how much you will get compensated for. Keep you weight tickets and gas receipts. Turn all the paper work in at BOLC. You can do the same from BOLC to your OBC.
    The crappy part is the DITY is taxed at some crazy rate, 25+%. So mine was ~$750, turned into ~$560 after taxes.

Then you fill out a normal travel voucher to get more cash. The travel voucher is where you get the $99 a day for hotels and whatever else. You can't do a travel voucher at BOLC, for whatever reason. So just make one big one that includes all your travel from home to BOLC to OBC back to home and turn that bad boy in when you get back to your duty station.