posted this in the asylum, minus whale try here too

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by californication, Jul 23, 2007.

1. californication

californication New Member

Backstory:
    so a few weeks ago I had a party at my house, and one of my good girl-friends brought over her best friend who was visiting for a few days(she lives two hours away). we ended up hitting it off really well and making out that night, several times, which is weird for me because Im not the type to randomly hook up with girls like that. plus, shes a year and a half older than I am.

anyways, she invited me camping with her and her friends the weekend after that, so I went, and we had a great time. got to spend the night with each other two nights in a row, which was awesome, no sex though

i invited her to a concert last weekend and we went with another couple, had a freaking blast. i feel such a good connection with this girl, the whole time we were at the concert and afterwards she was hanging on me like we were dating, and it just felt right.
    that night though, when we got back, we were in bed getting ready to go to sleep, and she wanted to fool around some more
    course at this point we had been drinking and that made me have a little bit of whiskey dick and also made me really tired, so i wasnt as "agressive" as i normally would have been, and i guess that upset her, because she got really distant all of a sudden and wouldnt sleep in my arms like she normally would. the next day she left to go back home, and i texted her later on that day saying "thanks for coming to the show with me, it was fun! hope you had a safe drive home and a good day at work!" and she didnt reply till late that night, saying "im sorry for the way i acted last night, its just that i felt like you didnt want me.....as overly sensitive and neurotic as that sounds i know..." and i wrote her back saying how it was my bad because i was so tired, and how i think shes amazing and beautiful. she replied saying she thinks im amazing too, and we just kinda bs'ed a convo through some more text's before saying goodnight.

its been a week since that, and we've been keeping in touch through text messages every day, until i realized that i was the one initiating the conversation each time. so now im thinking, is texting every day too much? i called her on friday to wish her luck for an audition she was doing on saturday, and told her to let me know how it goes. but i havent heard from her since.
    i dont know what my next move should be because i really like this girl, but she lives two hours away, and im going away for school in two months which would make us 5 hours away once im gone. i just want to hang out with her a few more times this summer, if anything. any advice is appreciated

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

UGH, STOP texting so much! It really sickens me how many couples now text out full fucking important conversations/fights to one another. The biggest thing a relationship needs to survive is open communication, and you're not going to get that by texting everything to one another on a daily basis. It certainly is not the way to start a long distance relationship too. You are not 17 years old.

3. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

if they like texting then who cares

4. iwishyouwerebeer

:ugh: It's blatantly obvious from his post that because of ther constant texting neither of them really knows the emotion behind the things being said. It's like anything online, unless you hear the intonation in someone's voice the person receiving the message can take what is said many ways. This kid is obviously troubled now as well because they are having whole conversations via text, and now is starting to worry (probably over nothing) that he is the only one of the two of them who initiates these text chats. Instead of just picking up the damn phone and asking her how she feels, or telling her how he feels about her...he's just now sitting at a computer hoping we can interpret what this girl wants. IN other words, they need to hold a real conversation and see what the fuck is going on.

I know if I met a guy that I liked I would be weirded out like hell that he only texted me a million times a day instead of just picking up the phone and actually having a meaningful coversation.

5. katatat

katatat you're outta your league Donnie

my SO and i have had this happen except it was when we were on aim when he was in school in another state. we dont have the same carrier for our phones so texting, or aim is much easier on us.

i can't count how many arguments and misunderstandings have been started since neither of us can tell really what the other is saying.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

EXACTLY! And this is exactly the same problem my SO and I have. Since I am really sarcastic sometimes jokes I say online come across very different for him, haha. We pretty much never ever talk online because of it, also we just feel it's so impersonal. I like to hear him and he likes to hear me, so we call. Texting is at a minimum unless it strictly shit like "I'm in class, call you in an hour," kind of thing. But having whole convo's via text is just a recipe for disaster.

7. californication

californication New Member

woah....some good responses in here, thanks :hs:

i completely agree with the whole texting is bullshit thing, the only reason I did it i guess is because thats how we first started talking and i didnt want to overwhelm her with phone calls, and i guess thats because im shy and dont know how to pursue a girl the right way.

so the last time we spoke was when i called her on friday night, should i wait another day or two to call and ask her how her tryouts went, and say something like "oh i was thinking about going to this concert on sunday, you wanna come with?"

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Don't overwhelm her with phone calls or texts or any other form of communication.

In fact, don't have any remote conversations with her, save all that shit for the next date so you will actually have something to talk about. Call her, make the date, and get out of there.