A&P Post your Plugins!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Valence, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

For photoshop and Light room users alike. You don't have to post links to the actual plug ins or presets- but a name and description of what they are and what they do will help.

Personally, I plan on purchasing a wide angle lens that is fairly cheap. I know it will have some barrel distortion and vignetting, so I'm going to try out either PTLens or DxO if I can find them somewhere...

I have Light Room, and it's pretty nice, with the exception that I can't see that it will really DO anything other than colors and lighting. Some other limited features are there of course but it is rather annoying to have to use 3 different applications to fix / perfect 1 image.

Of course, if I'm just failing miserably at knowing how to use the tools at hand, please suggest methods.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

OTAP for teh most part is far too elite for plugins. I actually think OTAP does use plugins but does not admit to it so that we all think they just have mad PS skillz I, however, will shamlessly molest plugins. A few I enjoy are.

Noise Ninja - this will be the only ones most folks here will admit to using. Noise reduction software.

Nik Color Efex - there are tons of different processing techniques here. and you can alter each one as you like to make them weaker or stronger. They are added as a layer also so you can alter blend modes and apply maksks to have teh effects localized if you prefer.

Nik - Viveza - allows you to selectively choose tones in an image to allter tonality and saturation.

Portraiture - awesome for skin smoothing without losing detail

and finally this is not a plugin but rather an action - Kubota actions. These are a series of things to apply to images. the reside right in the program so you do not have to use another interface with them.

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

What's a Kubota action?

4. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I use Color Efex and Silver Efex. Love em Both.

I have home made actions that I use for just about everything else though...

5. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

an action is something in photoshop that is basically a recording of the adjustments you make. you then play them back on a different photo and it does the exact same thing to each photo you run the action on. its a way of speeding up certain repetitive things. kubota actions are just actions created and sold by kubota image tools.
    http://www.kubotaimagetools.com/actions.html

6. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

oh ok, thanks. Looking at those actions, they seem to be VERY similar to the same stuff you'd get by using the plugins by Nik posted earlier.

7. ericande

ericande Active Member

I don't use any plug-ins right now but I use Kubota & Totally Rad actions a lot.

8. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

I use star rounder (removes the potato shape on stars due to tracking errors), Noels Astronomy tools (lots of goodies for astrophoto processing), and Neat Image (noise reduction tool)

9. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

I've never used plugins, but I'd definitely look into them

10. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

noise ninja

going to look into portraiture, i'd love a nice way to soften skin a bit

11. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

quick mess around in portraiture :bowdown:

pretty quick and painless, very good results. definitely going to use this in the future

picture cropped to show detail:

before:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]