Post your marriage proposal stories here!! Need Ideas!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Coco Monkey, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

Gonna drop the question on the gf when i get back, i wanna do it big somehow. I've been thinking and asking guys i work with, so i figured i might as well poll OT as well.

Any creative/crazy stories will help~!

:wavey:

2. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Build yourself a logic tree :hs:

First branch is Private or Public praposal.

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

hmmm....logic tree eh? i'll look into that.

im thinking public... i like making a scene. :noes:

4. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Do something that means something to you and her, don't erf our ideas.

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Go back to when you first met your first date, something you two both remember and REALLY ENJOYED.

Do it again and then propose it's a good start..

I think the whole fancy dinner to propose is overrated, imo something kinda on the down low that is unique and more special to both of you is better.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've always wanted to pop the question on a cruise :wiggle:

7. granto

granto New Member

and she can't say no in public :noes::rofl:

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

guy got a girl a cactus for xmas gift. said something along the lines of sorry, it sucks, maybe youd like this instead. [pulls out ring] so, will yeah?

thats the most creative one i know personally. my dad mad reservations at a really really really really nice resturant, so my mom assumed he was going to ask her there. well, the day befor they went out to lunch at this mom an pop place, and thats where he asked her. when she asked why he didnt wait till the next night at the really nice place, he said cause he couldnt afford to keep taking her there for dinner for every anniversery, but he could manage the sandwhich shop.

9. bigsakius

bigsakius New Member

lol i always liked this idea, it will only work if you havent bought her a ring yet i guess, but take her to a jewelry shop and look at some rings as if you are just playing around with her, saying so if we were to get married what ring would you like or something along them lines, and if she likes a ring very much so and you can afford it lol, i would go about telling the jewler um ok so clean that ring up for me and propose right then and there. Make it look like a spontanious thing i guess. Seems like fun lol

10. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

I'll post my idea after I go through with it in November, I'm not telling anyone because my plan is perfect, one of the best I've heard of and I'd be pissed if an OTer used it before me :squint: . When are you asking your woman? Did you get the ring already?

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: the story about your dad is hilarious.

:sad2: i don't have any stories that are exciting. friends i know have been proposed to at dinner. seems pretty traditional to me... the thought, honestly, has never crossed my mind as to what i'd want a guy to do. something original, but :dunno: i don't have to worry about that ;)

12. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

they never do but when you two are alone together she will say i only said that to look nice.. i heard it from some girl :hs:

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

omg. i waited this one table where the guy was proposing before heading off to iraq....the girl did NOT look thrilled. poor guy. :rofl::hs:

14. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

what'll make it special is the fact you thought of it, so i'd suggest dreaming something up yourself :)

Can you imagine if she said "OMG THIS IS BEAUTIFUL I CANT BELEIVE YOU DID SOMETHING LIKE THIS" and then you break out and say "well leetman451 suggested it on Offtopic.com actually" hehe :)

15. dubbinbudd

dubbinbudd New Member

Well since this is in the Spice section, tell your wife you got your nipple pierced and lift up the shirt and have it dangling from a string.

16. Peeps

Peeps New Member

My bf told me he was going to the mall to get me my christmas gift. He had already told me that it was going to be a framed picture. When he came home he told me to look out the window and I could see it. He said it was really big so I could see it from the second floor. Actually I gave him a lot os shit because I wanted it to be a suprise. I finally looked and saw NOTHING. Just as I was about to get mad he put the ring in front of me and proposed. I thought it was sweet and it fit our relationship well because we both joke around a lot and like to push each others buttons.

17. DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall, but t OT Supporter

My Dad was a Geology freak in college, and every time he'd go backpacking he'd bring back some interesting rock for my Mother. After 3 years of rocks, she had pickle buckets full of them.

My Dad had just come back from another trip and said, "I brought you another rock" - to which my Mother kind of rolled her eyes. I'm sure she stopped rolling them when he dropped to one knee and pulled out the ring. :)

Find something meaningful to you both, and capitalize on that. I have a friend who likes to pull the belly button lint out of her boyfriend's belly (he's skinny though, so I don't know how much lint he can acquire), so he hid the ring on his belly one morning before she woke up.

18. audrey

audrey New Member

My friends have all had very boring proposals. But I meet this lady last week who told me that her son had proposed to his gf a few weeks prior.

She was on a holiday with her family and they all went to meet her at the airport. He painted a huge bright sign which said "Marry me.. " The sign caused a huge crowd to form at the airport gates, all these crazy strangers hung around to see the outcome. She got off the plane to see him and his family jumping around with a big bright sign and huge bunch of strangers screaming.

A friend of mine is overseas with his SO right now and he told me the other day that he is going to propose! Soon! I can't wait :wiggle: I am a sucker for romance.

19. audrey

audrey New Member

OMG Aren't you 17?

or am I confusing you with somone else?

20. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

I was listening to the radio one day and this guy, rented the space on one of those HUGE billboards you see on the side of the highway. On it, he wrote out his proposal so everyone driving by could see it. I think he called her and told her to drive by like on the way home. I think he said he didnt asnwer the phone when she called.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Same here. One of my friends proposed to his gf when they were in bed...this is how it went...

"What do you think? You wanna get married?"

:rofl:

22. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i always thought it would be funny to do somethig similar but take her in one week, buy it and get the sales man in on it, and come back a few days later and have look for it and have it not be there and have the salesman tell her that it was sold to a man w/ a very beautiful young woman and he planned on using it as an engagement ruing and have him hand it over to him and do it then

23. audrey

audrey New Member

What's worse is .... "ohh last night we were talking and we mutually agreed to get married"

24. BlaXXXima

BlaXXXima OT Supporter

My wife is Scottish, so I wanted to tie it into that. Plus, my mom's 1/2 Scottish, so there was logic.

I set up a big dinner date at this fancy place in the city she was going to school in (3rd year Dentistry), on her birthday.

After our wine arrived, I brought out a gift - an amethyst tennis bracelet. She was thrilled. I told her I had something else, but it was in the car.

I ducked out of the dining area, and grabbed the manager. I needed to change into what I was going to propose in. So I went to the office, where I'd stored my clothes earlier.

I came out about 10 minutes later, walked up from behind my wife so she didn't see me coming. When she turned and saw me she lost it. I was in full Scottish regalia - kilt, sporran, all that shit). And I reached into the sporran and pulled out the ring in a little case. I opened it, and was about to get down on my knee when she grabbed the ring out of my hand and slammed it on her finger. I said "I take it that's a yes?" and she lost it again :big grin:

Oh, and for the record - yes, I went regimental.

25. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

You, sir might have the most kickass proposal I've heard of to date - no lie :bowdown:

One of my friends proposed to his fiancee on top of half dome at Yosemite. He went through all sorts of trouble to make sure airport security didn't find the ring while searching his bags.

Some OTer was mentioning in the offtopic section a while ago about a plan he had (I forget who this is...) He just asked his gf to come over for dinner, which is simple and unassuming enough. When she showed up she found a candlelit table, gourmet dinner set at the table, and whoever this guy was in a tux at the end of the hall holding the ring. I thought that was pretty classy.