Post your LDR Stories

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Tedrzz, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

This thread isn't so much about any specific help with LDR, just general stuff.

I'll start.

My girlfriend and I met through work and started seeing each other a bit. We really liked each other and started dating (Not officially a couple) for about a month. A few days before we started dating I got my letter of acceptance from RIT, a college in New York. I'm from Michigan. So with that being said we started officially dating (we like to call it facebook official:wiggle: ) with the notion we both knew I was leaving in 7 months. We both went ahead even despite the fact, and enjoyed ourselves. I moved here to NY in the middle of august.

So far it's been great for both of us. I think one thing that really helps our situation is that we are both extremely busy with school (She is doing her student teaching right now, graduating in December) and I'm going full time and working as well. I've never ever had a moment where I didn't trust her, and I hope she can say the same thing about me. The reason it's good that we're both so busy is because there is pretty much a 0% chance that we'd be able to 'meet' someone or hangout with anyone, ya know?

As far as I feel, I really feel like it's made our relationship stronger in the long run. Sure it sucks to not be able to see her, but she is so supportive. She always reminds me that I'm doing this for us (Graduates from RIT get great jobs) so we can start our future together.

Honestly I'd tell any couple that seriously love each other to move away, see what happends. I know it's made it clear how much she means to me and visa versa.

Anyway, if anyone has similar stories, or any bad/good stories post em up!

2. Suffocation

Suffocation Guest

In your case, I wouldn't say 0%, it's just that your mind is elsewhere and you go to look for talking to the other person for sanity :)

In mine, we split for summer break, and despite contact, she lost feelings. Broke up after a year.

3. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

I mean nothing is 0%, but ontop of her being completely dedicated to me as well as living with her best friend that wouldn't let her do anything like that to hurt me. With that as well as her being super busy with school I could say without hesitation that she would never cheat on me.:)

4. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

ldr crew :h5: ok so the story of my life:

we met my first day of high school in art class, when I was 14 and he was 15, started dating when I was 15 and he was 16. neither of us could drive, so we had our parents drive us back and forth between my house and his mom's. finally, he got his license and things became a little easier.

After a year and a half of dating, he went to college about 45 minutes away. That wasn't so bad because we saw each other every weekend, and we were both crazy busy with school. We made the transition pretty nicely. Then, his mom moved away, and he moved in with his dad about 25 minutes from my house. Still not too bad, and we saw each other every weekend.

Two years later, I went to school about 3 1/2 hours from his. We agreed to see each other every other weekend, with him driving out once a month and me driving home once a month. For the most part, we've stuck to that and its worked out really well. We've both been able to focus on ourselves and our own needs, knowing that its only making us stronger as a couple. He worked full time and went to school full time the last two years, and that made at least the last year very difficult because he was so stressed all the time and we didn't even get to be together much during the summer.

He's back to being a full time student, and he's graduating this May. I'm finishing up my undergrad in May and going to grad school only about an hour away from him, so that should be better (but we'll see how the workload treats me). He's hoping to get a job close to me, and we're talking about finally moving closer to one another.

There's been some times that it was difficult, and we're both getting tired of being in a LDR, but all in all I think it was only beneficial to the strength of our relationship.

5. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Well I met my boyfriend online. I actually didn't want to date anyone online because I always figured it was a waste of time (if they lived too far away, anyway), and I had went from relationship to relationship for a few years so I just wanted to be single for a bit. So the first time he asked me out, I declined. We had talked for about 2 months and he asked me out again. I caved because I thought he was a really sweet guy and so we made it official.

We dated online for another 4 months. He lived in Florida and I lived in Indiana. (Long distance!) Christmas had came and at the time we were both living at our parents house. (He was 15 and I was 17 back then) My parents asked my brothers and me if we would want presents for Christmas or go on a vacation. I suggested that we go to Florida and everyone thought it was a great idea. I asked my parents if I could meet my online boyfriend and they said that it was okay (although they were hesitant at first lol). So we went down there and our families met and got along. My boyfriend stayed in our hotel room for 2 weeks and hung out with us. Then I had to go back to Indiana.

About 6 months later the school year ended and I had turned 18. My boyfriend asked me to move in with him and his family. So I packed all my stuff and moved in with him in Florida. We lived together there for a couple years. Now we live in Indiana. We have been together for 6 and 1/2 years, and we have a daughter together.

6. Loincloth

Loincloth New Member

WTF there were about 5 parts in that story that I was like "k so here comes the part where they have a dramatic breakup and everything turns out to be a huge failure", then I got to the end and I was like :h5:

Good on ya!

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's always good to hear about a story with a happy ending :)

8. Askesis

Askesis New Member

So I met this girl on OT...

I might type this up later, not that it's very exciting :o

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  9. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

I agree. So many factors that could have made it end, but you guys prevailed. Nice work:)

As for me, I came home from NY on tuesday night and finally got to see my girlfriend after a month in a half. Man it feels SOOO good to see her:bowdown::bowdown:

10. Gibles

Gibles the funny thing about my back is....

I may be getting into a situation like the threadstarter's. It sucks but I know in the long run it'll be totally worth it.

11. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Mine was quite the opposite.

Dated a girl for about a year in HS. Found out I got into a university that is 3hrs away. Stayed with her anyway. Got down there and it sucked that I couldnt go hang out with all of these new girls I was meeting (not even dating, she was the jealous type and I didnt want to, or so I thought). She moved down here and turned out to be immature and a tad bit crazy.

At this point in my life I want a GF for more than just having a partner. I need physical stimulation. not just sex, but having a girl physically there.

12. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

The one LDR I did was terrible, I was in college and she was a college grad. The only time we would talk would be over Instant Message or Texting. We were 6 hours apart and I would go visit her as I had the time and money (at least once a month). I noticed I was doing all the visiting, so I asked her to come see me at college. She said no she didn't have the money and about a week later she is telling me about a $800 purse she bought.

That is when I flat out dumped her, a $800 purse was more important than spending $150 to come see me.

You know what the kicker is? I dumped her over Instant Message since she wouldn't answer her phone. Surprisingly she cried and got really upset.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:rofl: :gtfo:

14. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

One time I was dating this broad and she was the love of my life and after high school she started college in NH and I stayed in state at a local university.

We made it 2.5 months and then she cheated on me.

The end.

15. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Notice how all of these stories are short?

16. Toxica

Toxica New Member

That made me laugh lol

Thanks guys :wiggle:

17. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Met an amazing girl. Who lives on the other side of the world. Literally 10,500 miles away

There is no guarantee either of us will be in a position to visit the other within 6-9 months. The area where I work (property development) is fucked in the UK so can't get a job as easy as I could this time last year, so may never see each other again.

She was one in a million. Which means I should be able to find another 20 like her in Australia, so things could be worse

18. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

you're crazy. mine, toxica, and tedrzz are long!

19. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I dated this guy and he insisted that I spend every night talking to him for at least four hours and 8 hours on weekends. I think he never wanted me to leave my room so he could be sure I wouldn't cheat on him. He was crazy. Since I was at college with two roomies people were often in my room and he would lose his mind if he heard a guy. He would also demand that I let him speak to my roommates all so that he can see if I trust him. I eventually broke up with him and 2 years later he still attempts to contact me though I have asked him not to. Even though I had a bad experience with him I think I would still have a long distance relationship with the right guy.

20. Drifter87

Sounds like an old roommate of mine...

21. teep

teep New Member

we met, we had an intense few weeks, i fell for her hard, and we spent every hour together. she left to study abroad and cheated on me a month in.

would never do long distance again unless i was in a committed relationship for a while first

22. Drifter87

Its funny how most LDR lead to cheating. Can people seriously not keep it in their pants that long?

23. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

wow this is an incredible story :bowdown:

24. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

My story. Met a girl online who was 3000 miles away. She moved here 2 years later and lived here for one year. Then she went back for one year before making a permanent move here. We dated for 4 more years. There was no cheating...at least not by adult standards. By junior high standards, the bitch was a whore. Anyway when I look back, I can't see that there wasn't any difference when we were together or apart. It was rocky and a roller coaster ride from the instant we started IMing each other. I'm not open to LDR's anymore though, or at least not starting one right off the bat.

25. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

I think it's just a mixture of being the wrong person (who would cheat in the first place), insecurity, and lust. I can say from personal experience that LDR's can sometimes fuck with your head even with the best SO in the world. The sad truth is that if you are at least tempted to cheat on someone when you live near them, that feeling is exploited crazily when you move far far away from them. Some people are like "well I bet they are flirting with other people too, what's wrong with it?" which leads to bad bad things. My rule of thumb, as corny as it sounds, is that I treat girls how I would if my girlfriend was standing right there. With that level of respect I can always be sure that nothing ever would happen to make her suspect I was doing something behind her back. It helps that my GF is the most understanding and trusting girl in the world, at least to me. I mean she's called me before when I've been getting a bite to eat with a girl from class and I would just tell her what was going on and tell her I love her and I'd call her soon. I mean you can't argue with that, it's not like I'm being shady and hiding things from her and not saying I love you right infront of this other girl, ya know? When I get home and call her she has no problem with it and we'd move on with our lives.