Post your hobbies / favorite activities

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Abomb's quote from the "Lack of Prospects" thread kind of provoked me to create this one... "the last thing you should be doing is reading scrub pick up material. you should be pursuing unique and fun hobbies jobs etcs so you actually have something to talk about and appear interesting."

It's easy to find a list of this shit on just about everyone's myspace or whatever, but maybe it will give people some new ideas.

I spend most my time at work right now which sucks, and its even worse since I'm out of school for this semester so meeting people can be kind of hard.

Work, Home, and Gym are where I spend most my time

Barbecues, Cars, Computers, and Cooking all intrigue me.

I think im going to look into a basic culinary class to take after work 1-2 nights a week and see if I can meet some people there.

2. Lokish

Lokish New Member

That's only true if they have a myspace page they ever bother to fill out. However, I will play along. I work 12 hour shifts about 15 days a month, so when I am working, I am working, surfing the net and sleeping. My hobbies have been back burnered for a few months right now though.

Hobbies:
    Paintball, photography, gaming (both computer and console), computers (hardware and network), and cooking.

Lots of things intrigue me. I am kind of like a busy raccoon who just spotted a piece of shiney and get all distracted.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

This is really true for me too, ever since the beginning of the year. I'm working 45-55 hours a week right now because I'm still new to the job position and need to get everything in motion before I can cut back. I just looked into some cooking classes and it's pretty damn expensive.. 1 class for 5 hours is $135.. There are several other options out there I think but I need to explore it a little bit more.

Lately I've just been feeling like I'm in the same boat as OnSight as far as social circles go, but it's just because I don't have as much free time to pursue anything right now.

4. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

Lets see. Right now it is cycling, gearing up for a cross country ride with some friends. Also Guitar and song writing. and I'm going to school for audio engineering which is also a passion so hopefully that will become a job as well as already being a hobby.

5. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

Graphic Design
    Lifting weights, Running (forcing myself to do it more often, though)
    Occasionally Play SOCOM Online

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Build prop replicas-star wars
    wiring simple electrical junk
    collect high end star wars replicas/merchandise
    play tuba (I would, but I dont have one right now...)

Thats about it for me

7. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

i enjoy walks on the beach on a moonlight night, bubble baths, poetry, and the occasional journey down memory lane. also, sodomy.

8. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

Listening to music
    Playing music
    Graphic design (also a job)
    Small talk
    Alcohol

9. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Shopping
    Hanging out with friends
    Wine
    Reading
    Traveling
    Gambling
    Baking/Cooking

10. Lokish

Lokish New Member

My excuse is I got a boyfriend and then winter hit. Fortunately, my boyfriend enjoys most of the same hobbies so when all the snow is gone, we will be hitting the fields again.

Cooking classes tend to be a little on the pricey side, unless you can find some nice little community college thing to do where you pay around the same price but it is a few hours each week.

11. Lokish

Lokish New Member

You know, you don't need to be solitary to be the crazy cat lady. :squint:

12. Lokish

Lokish New Member

No idea. I am going a little nuts at work and just wanted to use the ninja mask.

13. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Sports - I have been training in brazilian jiu jitsu and muay thai for four years. Plus I go to the gym about 3x a week.

Shooting - I participate in competition shooting. It's fun to test yourself in real life self defense scenarios.

Cooking - I've always loved to cook and eat at great restaurants. Everytime I go to a restaurant I like to order something new.

Art - I love filmmaking and am trying to like photography. I try to watch at least 1 movie a day.

14. JordanClarkson

Not lately. I usually only eat out at nice places on vacation. I prefer to cook at home. :o

I suck at photography :mamoru: but that makes me want to learn as much as possible. :x:

15. JordanClarkson

Speaking of TV, Knight rider was really bad :hs:

16. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I'm not really sure if hanging out with people is a hobby, but it takes up a fairly large percentage of my time and provides me with an endless supply of things to talk about. I kind of perceive this thread as a "What do you do that's worth talking about and makes for good conversation" kind of thing, so that's what I'm responding to.

I'm a writer, and pretty much anything in the field of writing, film, television and even some literature is well within my lexicon. Occasionally I'll talk about my own writing/ideas, but not really that much, most people don't really gives a fuck until I finish it and sell it, and then they'd probably rather talk about how their friend wrote/sold something that what it was actually about, heh.

I guess it's a cliché to say music, but I do enjoy a good music discussion now and then, although most people in my age group ruin music discussion with politics, band peoples real lives, and a symphony of other garbage that has nothing to do with what the music sounds like, which is all I really care about. I have tons of random things I'm interested in that occasionally yield a nugget of conversation- Various video games, cats, German, guitar, video editing, some aspects of history, tons of little niche interests associated with film, drinking, sometimes smoking, cooking, etc.

Most of the best conversations though have nothing to do with any of that crap, and have a lot more to do with my ability to carry on a good conversation, and make people feel comfortable enough to share intimate details of their life which leads to a real conversation instead of small talk. Even if you have absolutely nothing to say, you can craft a conversation in such a way that you make the other person comfortable enough to spill their guts, and then you've got something to talk about. Most of the mediocre discussions I have are about the crap listed above, most of the really good discussions I have are about specific events, problems or observations. The best conversation skill is being a natural people-watcher. I pretty frequently hear "You know, I've never told anyone that before" shortly after I meet someone, that's when you know you're doing it right.

17. toroweedeater1

toroweedeater1 New Member

ride my bike before i got sick

[​IMG]

In the winter i build/fix computers for guys @ work

Also work on the bike and get it ready for spring time :wiggle:

18. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

tennis, dancing, karaoke, cruising, watching movies, reading, and learning about cars?

oh, i also enjoy video games, cheap wine, and hard liquor :o

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Tennis
    Cycle
    Computers
    Wii
    Photography
    Gym
    Travel, I leave town every other weekend.
    Cars, My Camaro SS
    Cat
    Shooting when I can afford it but I mostly just carry an HK USP.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Movies
    Reading
    Hookah
    coffee bars
    sleeping in the park
    walking/sightseeing/people watching
    Food, I fucking love food. I can't cook though :wtc: so I go out to eat a lot

21. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Music- listening to it and playing guitar
    Motorcycles
    Hockey
    Hiking
    Hunting
    Working out
    BASE jumping- just recently getting involved

22. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Dance (modern, ballet, jazz, african)...creative writing, fashion, drugs, dumpster diving, science.

23. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

sexing girls

24. eightvalve

eightvalve Reformed Lurker Crew #1

In the past x box and beer. (Didn't get me anywhere)

Last 6-8 months.

Working out/ Lifting- Can only help when trying to attract women. Although trying to pick women up at the gym is kinda creepy. People are in the zone, if they want to come to you they will.

Trying New Restaurants - Always a good way to get out there with people you are interested in. Plus...food is good.

Thats what ie managed to work in lately. I work a lot so finding time is pretty hard.

25. miek

miek New Member

Hockey
    Gym
    Guitar
    Video games lol
    fishing
    i try at photography but suck