GUN Post *Your* Gun Related Horror Stories

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PUREVIL, Mar 17, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Just curious what kinda of stories everyone has of near accidents at the range or out in the field. Being swept, accidentally pulling the trigger, gun blowin up, etc etc.

Mine would have to be last weekend, while alot of us were trap shooting. Someone used my shotgun and put it down on the bench I went to grab it. I started walking over to the firing line and I hit the pump release and racked the action open and a live round falls out. While 3 people are standing in front of me. If I or someone pulled the trigger all hell could have broken loose. It kinda freaked me out.

Not much I know but still kinda made me not want to shoot the rest of the day.

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I drank a 64oz. mountain dew in about 30 minutes while I was taking a break at the outdoor range I used to be a member at. I was shakey as hell, and couldnt even hold my gun straight when I started shooting again. So what do I do? I decide I should stop shooting, so I drop the gun to my side...with my finger still on the trigger and BAM! My Colt Detective Special has an extremely light trigger pull, and I almost took my foot off. Thankfully I was standing on grass so the bullet didnt hop back up and bite me in the ass. I was the only one at the range, so nobody saw my stupidity. But I quickly, and carefully packed all my stuff up and left :o

3. PUREVIL

What about change your undies? :mamoru:

4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Your gun is always loaded.

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I'm never shooting with any of you people.

6. PUREVIL

It wasnt my fault I wasnt the last one to use it.... but I always assume its loaded but noobs may not ya know?

7. Valafar

Valafar Active Member

At the range a few weeks ago on the pistol line. Twas crowded and out of the blue we hear "Now how many times do I have to tell you, point the loaded gun downrange!" It was a guy talking to his 7 year old boy. The line cleared out in seconds.

8. Artyboy

Sounds like you didn't that time :mamoru:

9. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

i was shooting at a publice out door range. when i was shooting down the range the people next to me decide to just start walking down to their targets WHILE i was still shooting. as soon as i seen them in my scope/corner of the eye i stopped and was like "WTF?!!" they didn't even yell "All clear!, or Down range". coulda shot them in the back.

10. PUREVIL

No thats why I racked the action open... I always leave my shit open to show its clear. I just got a lil freaked out cuz there was one chambered I mean if anyone would have grabbed it it would have been really shitty.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  11. Artyboy

Aaah gotcha. Yeah that would have freaked me out, too.

12. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

:werd: I am going to pass on the WMD meet

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Deer hunting with my 30-06 semi auto and we're unloading to pack up. The rifle holds 5 and I only count 4 after unloading. I rack the action again to make sure it's not in my rifle and nothing comes out. But I still think it's weird because I know I loaded 5. So I rack it a couple more times and about the 3rd time, the unfired round pops out. Scared the crap outta me.

14. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

I was at the range with a buddy, shooting his mini 14. it has a folding stock, that was closed at the time. i was trying to unlock it, and somehow my finger brushed the trigger. gun went boom, round hit about 5 feet in front of us. luckily, i had the gun pointed downrange. he just handed me the gun, he is pretty safe. i figured the safety was on. but it was still my fault. it was dumb and negligent.

i was shaking very badly at my own stupidity. thats the only incident like that ive had. and it was enough to make me alot safer. thankfully it didnt take me shooting a friend to realize i needed to be safer.

ive got my flamesuit on. i dont give a fuck if you guys want to bash me. it was an accident, and it was stupid on my part.

we've all made mistakes, not used our heads. but hopefully we all learn from it

15. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I was at an indoor range and three guy's showed up in the lane next time me. All of them where sharing the same handgun and each had two magazines. One would be shooting and the other two would be standing in the back loading their magazines and then get in line to shoot. That gun was going constantly for like 1.5 hours. Guess they wanted to do a torture test or something...

But, anyway, one guy finished, ejected his mag and turned around and handed it to the guy behind him with the slide locked back... He them put his magazine in and hit the mag release with the fucking gun pointed right at me. I was standing about 8 ft behind the shooting stalls too.

At another indoor range some guy brought him girlfriend shooting and she shot the fucking wall. Big piece of shrapnel hit me in the side. Felt like someone stabbed hard me with a capped ink pen.

16. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

You should have beat her ass for being a moron

17. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Jesus...

18. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

at some outdoor range, i picked up a .30-06 round while range was cold and the rangemaster was dicking around w/ someone else's gun that had jammed. my AR had action open, no mag.

i was using the .30-06 round to press the detent in around the front site post so i could raise it to the point of a proper military zero.

the rangemaster started yelling at me to "DON'T PUT THAT IN THERE DON'T PUT THAT IN THERE!!!"

i kind of gave him the :hsugh: face as he was implying for me not to use the .30-06 round in the AR.

19. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I dont have any horror stories..

but one fun story from the range..

I was at the PA gamelands range, it was busy as hell.. everyone shooting.. all of a sudden, a mole starts to run across the field.. so EVERYONE started unloading on it, finally someone hit it.. I walked up, no mole to be found, just a huge blood splatter :bowdown:

20. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:remington:

21. mvizos

mvizos New Member

thats excellent :bowdown:

I'd love for that to happen at the outdoor range I go to in WV. never does though.

22. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:browning: actually

23. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

browning is notorious for shitty guns..

1911 :hay:

ibhate

24. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

My dad has never had any problems with his BAR but I still wouldnt want to carry it, its heavy as fuck.

25. Gimik

Gimik New Member

It was a great rifle. It was heavy as hell though. My dad gave it to me when I was about 15.