Post Your "Google Talk" Id Here

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Actomik, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Actomik

Actomik New Member

Hey people post your google talk id here so that we can add each other to our list(for im)

mine is

[email protected]

If You Don't Know What Google Talk Is

Visit http://www.google.com/talk/

it is an im by google

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Let's all add eachother. :bowdown:

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Fixed :bigthumb:

The problem is I don't like posting my (so far almost spam free) gmail account all over the net.

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

:werd:

I'm not giving him that shit. :ugh2:

5. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Google uses the Bayesian algorithm to filter spam, which was probably the best method in filtering spam in e-mail (yes, even better than spamassassin), which is the same method used by many other places as well (And spamassasin is the solution for much larger businesses as well). It makes it not much different than some of the other webmail that you use. Gmail just utilizes nifty little AJAX effects to catch your eye better (w/ better functionality as well) than other webmail. Microsoft is currently implimenting Sender_ID, which WILL probably be the next best method in filtering spam. Soon after, yahoo will probably jump on the bandwagon, and there also has been talk that Google may catch onto it as well.

And it does matter, because spam is spam, and there is always ways around it, especially when a spammer knows the internal workings of the Bayesian filters and spamasassin point system.

I'm sure he's not just going to post his Gmail contact for spam, but to avoid OTers contacting them requesting weird shit. :hsugh:

6. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Amazing or not, it get very little spam and I really want to keep it that way. Plus, I do have to occasionally look through the spam folder to see if any real email was caught. That's a lot easier to do with 5 messages in it than it is with 5000 in it.

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

And for the record, Sender ID will probably be implimented on top of Bayesian filters and Spamassassin as well. Sender ID will become an industry standard. MSN already has implimented it, and absolutely ALL e-mails will go into the junk mail if the e-mail server you're sending e-mails from does not have a Sender ID. I also just heard Yahoo will be implimenting it very soon. And definatly Google will since they will nto be able to send e-mails to Yahoo or MSN if they do not have Sender ID.

Just some thought.

8. badguy106

badguy106 Location:Tn

lets not.

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

10. Actomik

Actomik New Member

hey i just wanted to make friends , if you don't want to give your id , don't