post your girlfriend's routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by crucialkc, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

or if you are a girl, post your routine..

also, if you have any diet info you'd care to post (grams of fat, protein, carbs, etc) that'd be awesome. links to calculators are good too!

i'm looking to make a routine for my girlfriend who is 5'5", 110lbs. I want to get her more solid and to 115. then i want her to maintain around that..

2. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

Elfing has a good routine that's in her log.

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

I do pretty much what guys do :o just a few more sets sometimes, few more reps; more cardio and fewer calories :wiggle:

Has she ever lifted before? You don't want to start her on in heavy weight/low reps right away. Take a week or two at say, 2 sets of 10 for several exercises; then up to 3-4 sets, then you can start lowering reps and upping weight as she gets the form down.

Diet info? Same as guys, just less calories ;) 1-1.5 g/protein per pound of bodyweight. Has she been tracking her food at all? If not, have her start tracking her intake and if she focuses on anything, have her focus on protein. Give it a week, find out what her approximate maintenance is and adjust from there.

4. crucialkc

Thanks Elfling! She has taken classes in HS before but that was a long time ago. She knows form for the basic exercises but is used to doing a routine someone else has already made her. She is extremely thin, like grossly thin (think current Olsen twins).. I want to get her a healthy appearance.

She doesn't track her food at all and eats unhealthy.. she's skinnyfat pretty much. So if she is 110 and should get to a healthy 115 (over time), she should eat about 110g protein, ?g of fat, and ?g of carbs?? Any approximations would be great. Thanks!

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Anywhere from 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. At 110 pounds, her maintenance is likely not very high. I'd have her track her food for a week and see how much she's eating; the generic maintenance calculation is 12ish cals/lb, but that doesn't hold true for a lot of people. If she's that thin, it's likely she's undereating pretty badly. Just getting her to track her protein will probably help in that regard.

WRT macros..just play around and see how she does; some people do better on higher carbs, some on lower fat, etc etc. Get her taking some fish oil, get her to eat fruit and veggies.

6. crucialkc

thanks for the advice!

7. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Good luck with it :wavey: Women are so hard to work with sometimes :mamoru:

8. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Yeah, no shit :mamoru:

9. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

I do a 5x5 three times per week and only 1/2 an hour of cardio per week (sometimes 2 times if I can find time). You can see my old old old log in the journals section but I have added mass and lifted my weights since then. I don't do cardio too often because I needed to incorporate more rest into my weekly schedule, I have seen more gains then ever since I have done this. I take a week off every 6 too.

My macros are 50/30/20 I could probably stand to up my fats and cut some carbs, but yeah I haven't bothered to since it's working for me right now. I am taking in about 2200 cals per day (it varies but that's my general upper limit) and only use a multivitamin for a supp and a post workout protein shake (ON Natural Whey).

There's heaps of info at t-nation for chicks who are just starting out in the gym.

10. cls

cls Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in

My gf's routine?

Cardio for 20-30 min
    Hip adductor 3x10
    Hip abductor 3x10
    Ab machine 3x10

I got her to do some box squats yesterday though :eek3:

11. crucialkc

thanks Liddy!

Thread Status: