Post your car v.newwheelsfortheFRC

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jesse_Boyer, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Ditched the chrome wagons for a set of chrome Z06's. Stock sizes: 17x9.5" front, 18x10.5" rears.

[​IMG]

Tires are 265 fronts, 295 rears; Goodyear F1's. It's lowered on stock bolts, but I'll probably go to longer bolts and drop another inch or so.

Just turned 73,500 miles (12,500 since March, 2005).

2. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

Just picked it up today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  3. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

Not really muscle...but heres mine...
    [​IMG]

4. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

'04 or '05 GTO? Looks like an '04 with a aftermarket hood, I'd say

bpudney: GTP or no?

5. killaGTP

killaGTP Holden poser Moderator

6. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

04' w/ aftermarker hood,thats being replaced soon. I just bought it yesterday.Im taking the engine out,doin all the internals,headers,bore/stroke,port/polish,Star Performance S/C,new rear 05' fascia and new exhaust

7. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Are you going to an LS2 block or sticking with the LS1?

what's the ETA on these mods? Purpose (will this be a track car, a weekend toy, or a little of both)

8. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

LS2 block,my grandpa has one hes giving me. Spring time ill have it done. Its gonna be a daily driver/track car.

Im ordering these:

Front
    Im debating whether to get these or the matching tires that go on the back.They have the matching "skinnys" for the front.
    Sportsman Front, 26.0x7.5-15
    [​IMG]

Back

Sportsman S/ R, 24.0 x 5.0R15
    [​IMG]

9. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

when you need someone to take that LS1 off your hands, I'd be willing. I could use a low miler if the price is right :)

10. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

My grandpa already has it sold. If it wasnt I woulda sold it to you.

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

12. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

which one? I know modded SRT-4's are respectable, but I know very little about the SVT contour.

13. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The SRT replaced the SVT. The Contour was a decent looking car, but thats about it. It had MSDS headers, Borla cat-back, intake, custom burnt chip, Centerforce clutch with a light weight Spec flywheel and I still only managed a best of 15.1 or so. I had the car for 5 years and spent over $12,000 fixing the pice of shit (fixing, that price doesn't include mods). I got rid of it this past May for the SRT. Smartest thing I've ever done. People can't really talk shit about the SRT either. I drive "just a Neon" but I'm coming from "just a Contour", so its a step up either way.

14. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

The SRT-4's are common for blowing turbos...My cousins had 2 SRT-4's and they each blew the turbos. So he bought a 04 STi.

15. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I've been on the national SRT Forums and a couple locals ones for quite some time and have seen 2 blown turbos that I can remember. Assuming your cousin wasn't doing something rediculously detramental to the turbo, it must have been a fluke. The one turbo that blew that was stock the guy was running an air fuel ratio of like 17/1 or around there, and the other turbo was a Stage 3 turbo that ended up blowing a seal. Mopar replaced it free of charge.

I've been running higher boost since I bought the car. Stock was around 13psi I believe. I was at 15psi the month after I got the car. 18psi a week after that. And I've been at 21psi for quite a while now. As long as you have the supporting mods, and know what you're doing, theres no reaosn the turbo should blow. I should mention that an air fuel ratio of 12.4/1 or higher is too lean to run on normal pump gas. My tune is to 12.3/1, and I turn it down unless I have 100+ octane.

Either way, I'd trade my SRT for an STi (or STI if its brand new) in a second. I love the Evo and STi. Where my car sits now I destroy either from a roll, and lose for obvious reasons from a stop. I'm happy for the time being.

16. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

what are you making out of that SRT4?

17. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

I garuntee you wouldnt win from a roll against my cousins. We have alot of knowledge in our family when it comes to cars,my grandpa knows how to tune/build a very good car

18. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

considering you have NO idea what he's running, that's not a claim I'd make. let him say more about what hes running before you compare your's to his.

That, or give me some stats on your grandpa's cars...

19. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

Ok,he raced dragsters in the 50's and crew cheifed in the 60's for NHRA

20. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Can I send him my resume`?

Mechanical Engineer, looking for something different.

21. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

He's retired.

22. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

What mods does he have? I was assuming it was stock which is why I said I'd walk away from him. My mod list is as follows:

S1, AGP WGA, Needswings DP, 3" O2 housing, K&N, Boomba mounts, McCord power plate, MSD/NGK, DasClamp, PTP check valve, P-Werks Return Line kit, Clutchmasters S3 w/ aluminum flywheel

I haven't gotten any runs in since I had the fuel return line put in and tuned, so I can't give you much to compare to. Please don't turn this into a "its just a neon" thing or anything like that. In no way am I trying to put the SRT above anything. I have modified my car, and its relativly quick as it sits. I realize most things still beat me, but I enjoy a good ass kicking just as much as giving one. With that said, from a roll I can keep up with a stock C5 Z06 (give or take). If your cousin can beat that, then odds are he would beat me from a roll. Again, this is from a roll. Because I'm FWD its a pain in the dick to manage anything decent off the line without Mickey Thompson slicks, which I don't have anyhow. With the mods I have I run 21psi on the stock turbo and have it tuned properly. I've raced a handful of cars, lost to some and beat some others. I have yet to run into a modified STi, but I look forward to. I'm about to put on my winter wheels/tires this week, so it will more than likely have to wait until next spring.

On a side note, I got destroyed by a Supra on Friday. Very nicely done Supra, and retarded fast! From 50 to 90 he put about 2 1/2 cars on me.

23. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

His car.He started a week after he bought it.

Engine: EJ22
    Engine Modifications: Axis Racing Stage 3 shortblock bored to 2.35 liters; forged pistons, rods and crank; Axis Racing Stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, Ti retainers, +.5mm valves, ported and polished; APS black anodized front mount intercooler; Garrett T3/T4 60 trim turbo; Tial wastegate; Blitz BOV; APS intake; Denso 850cc/min fuel injectors; Billet Design custom fuel system with -6AN stainless steel lines, custom fuel rail, and Aeromotive regualtor; TurboXS UTEC engine management system; HKS turbo timer/boost controller
    Exhaust Modifications: Tubular manifold; APS modified downpipe; APS modified 3.5" "Race" cat-back
    Transmission Modifications: Exedy Stage 2 clutch with Stage 3 pressure plate
    Suspension Modifications: Tanabe springs; rear upper strut tie bar
    Wheels/Tires: 18x8 MB Motorsport Weapon with Nitto 555 street

24. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Fair enough, odds are I lose then, haha. I thought the STi motor was a 2.4L? I must have been mistaken. Awesome none the less. I'm jealous of him.

25. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

Blew it up and got a new bottom end:mamoru: