SRS post vacation depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black jesus, Mar 10, 2008.

1. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I've been back 6-weeks now. I can't stop thinking about how great my trip was. I went with 6 great friends, and everything fell into place perfectly for every day of the 6-day trip.

Now I think about it every day, and can't stop thinking about going back or moving there, which is not really an option and not the best decision.

Is this normal, for 6+ weeks?

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

ahhh you still banging that chick from that trip/?

3. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

yes

4. Yuppy

well thats good then.... so why the depression? And who says its neither an option nor your best decision?

5. Yuppy

the happiest people on earth are not the ones who work the most

this is one of my favorite stories. (this isnt my favorite version, that ones on the wall @ Jimmy Johns)

6. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

That's why I'm in my current job. I want to have enough money to go to the track with the miata, buy good wine, eat at good restaurants, and still pay rent. If I didn't have to worry about getting the miata inspected in California, and made enough to own a house, I'd be in SF right now.

7. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

copy- paste

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

that was a great story... I'm in engineering program in a very tough university.. i have like 35 hours of class every week (compared to like 12 classes all the other students take compared to engineering)... and it's so much work and that we are expected to work 60-75 hours a week after we graduate for years....

anyways i always thought i wanted to go to music or something... but my parents are typical-foreigner parents and because i used to do good for some reason in elementary school, they always pushed for medical or engineering school..so here i am.. and can't do much about it... 2 years into the program ftl.. and i don't have the guts to change at all

8. Yuppy

yea dont get me wrong, i dont have the guts either ;-p

9. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

haha... i was worried maybe you were gonna tell me that i should just go to mexico and start fishing or something

10. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yuppy, I loved that story! I totally saved it too :rofl:

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Wait, I thought you were no longer talking to/seeing that girl? You caved?

12. Yuppy

lol beer wants everyone to be alone.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Not at all, actually I found it kind of silly when he last said he was never going to talk to her again just because her ex bf helped her move or something like that. I just wanted the story...

14. Exiled

Exiled New Member

You do kind've always say fuckit move on to the next one

maybe you're right just sayin

15. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh: I only say it when necessary, like in your case!

Anywho, back to the thread boys...black jesus, it's really common to have an amazing vacation and not get over it, especially if it happened to happen at a crucial time in your life (like yours did). My trip to Europe pulled me out of a HUGE slump months ago and it was all I could think about for months afterwards-I still talk about it now. You can't let it affect your every day life though and make you forget you need a normal lifesyle. The best you can do is plan another trip.

Having something you love to look forward to is worth living IMO. Right now I count down the days at work until my cruise in April. Once that is over I will be counting the days til my trip to see my sister and nephews, etc.

16. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I realized that when she was gone for a week, something snapped in me and made me think about horrible shit all week for no reason. I automatically pictured her banging a bunch of random dudes and theorizing how she should generally be a terrible person, which she hasn't shown to be yet. I still feel like this is going to be really really bad when she gets back today, but there is no reason to feel that way. Its just a horrible gut feeling that I've probably developed from past relationships.

Like right now, I'm seriously thinking, "I wonder if when this chick meets one of my friends, she'll feel compelled to sleep with him. Then, should my buddy and I just tag team her, or should I cut her off."

lol, i'm mental.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

hehe yeah I know!

If I was a good looking girl like you I wouldn't think anything of it and I would go out and play the field.. but im not.. im a guy who can't cherry pick any gal he wants like you.. so I try to make it work even though it's inevitably going to crash and burn anytime.

I dont like being alone heh

18. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

6+ weeks is a bit long.. I feel a bit shitty for a few days after I return if my job isn't causing me to freak the hell out constantly....

19. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

frankly, I can pick up any slut in a bar. I work in politics and I've sold cars and bartended, so I can talk and make a sell, and I'm 5'11 190lb and about 10% fat, and I'm financially comfortable...its getting a woman who can tie her own shoes which is the problem.

20. Marmot

Marmot Guest

I usually get it really bad but just for a few days.
    I usually get it because I don't really have any friends and I rarely do exciting things. I think it's the idea that I was around people I liked and doing fun things and that it won't happen again for a while is what depresses me.

21. Exiled

Exiled New Member

no shit?

Damn

=:wtc:

22. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I feel that after that week, life can get no better. That week was a high-water mark, and it haunts me now. I worry that every sense of enjoyment will be overshadowed by that week's superiority. Hell, I can't even go back there and replicate it because the first time is always the best.

Wah.

23. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm thinking about deleting all my pictures and giving a way all the high-res shit I had framed because i think about that trip every day. I don't even really turn on the tv, stopped listening to the radio, and stopped reading. I now just sit in my house with a 94+point bottle of wine, turn on the Sonoma radio station I fell in love with, light a couple candles, and drink myself to sleep...lol.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

sadly, my tastes are a little more expensive than the fisherman's and the new yorker's.

i'm gonna email this to my friend though becaause she needs it.

25. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Yes dude, that's pretty unusual in my opinion. That vacation was like 1% of your entire 365 day year. If that's all you're thinking about, you should really try to find things to do locally... or figure out why that's all you think about. What's wrong with today that stinks so badly that you keep looking back on those 6 days? Why not plan vacation part 2 in a few months at a different location so you have something in the future to work toward?