Post-Surgery Squatting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Tumbles, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

I had a major knee surgery 4 months ago and have more or less recovered - problem is that I can't squat any worthwhile amount of weight without the knee killing me.

I'm going to see my sports doctor about it but was wondering if you guys had any advice that might help fix the problem in the meantime?

I'm sure there are some obvious answers, but I am a skinny newb :)

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

quit being a bitch, pain is weakness leaving the body... drink some milk

3. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

First of all if you had major knee surgery then that means you were not using that knee while it was healing from the surgery. Please be specific as to what kind of surgery you had on your knee. Was it a scope and was it bone or ligament/tendon issues? Now that you are able to walk your whole knee is trying to get used to the new stress it endures. I would not do any squatting for now. I would focus on physical therapy excersises. After my knee surgery I was working alot with bands and learning how to use my muscles again. I was doing alot of one legged squats with no weight after I felt I was able to progress.

4. size18boarder

size18boarder rhetorical OT Supporter

yeah dude don't rush into it take your time. I'm trying to heal from a broken leg (they put a rod in through my knee) and a broken foot (which is still non weight bearing) It sucks for sure, but i just want to walk again...and i'm gonna walk for at least a couple weeks before I get back to any sort of squatting

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

wait as long as it takes dude... no point in fucking your shit up and needing another surgery or permanently making things worse.

6. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

took me 10 months until i could do some decent amount of weights... take it slow son

7. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

alright, thanks for the advice

i won't force it - mostly just annoyed that it still hurts after finishing all the physical therapy

im sure doctor will give me some more exercises to speed recovery

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I broke my arm real bad and it was a good 3-4 months before I could bear any weight on it, and another 3 or so until I felt comfortable holding anything more than 200 on the bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.