Post some of your favorite apps

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by agent0068, Jun 21, 2004.

1. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

Freeware, shareware, commercial stuff--whatever:

Adium (very customizable 3rd party AIM client)
    BBEdit (best text editor...ever)
    myPhoto (shameless plug...good for iPhoto users :o )
    SizzlingKeys4iTunes (full keyboard control of iTunes w/o ever having to go to iTunes)
    Transmit (FTP client)

...how about everybody else?

2. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I agree on Transmit for the best FTP client I've ever used. I've got a few more that I think are great.

Quicksilver - Simply the best launcher app I've ever used and the only one that I found non-intrusive. If you put it in bezel mode it looks like part of the OS.

SideTrack - Used for the trackpad on apple laptops to allow scrolling capabilities like HP and IBM laptops.

skEdit - I used to be a diehard BBedit user for web development until I started to use this program off of recommendation of Jonathan Hicks. Best fucking web development program I've ever used and it's written by a 20 year old college student and costs only $20. Kicks the shit out of BBedit for pure web development (not for other text editing tasks)

Unison - from the makers of Transmit, Unison is the best newsgroup reader on any platform. It's just fucking amazing.

CaminoTabs - try searching for this one-off version of Camino on google. You'll get a forum thread with a link to download. It's become my main browsing and development browser. I'm anxious to see OmniWeb 5 which, if the Beta is any indication, might become the first pay browser that I purchase.

3. mjohn058

mjohn058 New Member

SideTrack
    Transmit
    Unsanity's ClearDock