post some cool quotes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jonno, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonno

jonno New Member

"If you think you can or you think you can't either way you're probably right."

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

“Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn’t worry about what workout to do - his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about ‘how hard it is;’ he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn’t go home at 17:00, he is home. He knows only The Cause. Now. Who wants to quit?"

--From the indoctrination lecture at the United States Army Special Forces School

3. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

"Excuses are the bastard product of a weak will and mind. Do or do not do, there is no try."

"We tend to make excuses when intensity is low. "Well, at least I'm here in the gym," you'll coddle yourself by saying. But let's make this perfectly clear. The difference between dragging your ass through gutless workouts and sitting on your turtle-ass shell watching SportsCenter on ESPN is not that much."

"Progression is more important than perfection."

"If at any point in your life you find that your goals do not consist of gaining muscle, getting laid, or saving the world, you should probably start searching for your testicles."

"Don't be content on being average. The average man is just as close to the bottom as he is to the top."

" The individual who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do, dare and attempt new things. The sure thing boat never gets far from shore."

"It's okay to have idols as a kid," Tom said, "but when you grow up you have to become what you dream about."

4. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

"Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me"
    -Mike Jones

5. turbage

turbage New Member

6. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

"Oxycontin, xanax bars, percocets, and lortabs. Valiums, morphine patches, ecstasy and its all up for grabs. Whatchu want, whatchu need? Hit me up I got you man"
    -Jonno

7. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain

"It frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearlt everything. money is handy." - Groucho Marx

8. jonno

jonno New Member

werd

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  10. jonno

jonno New Member

11. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

everybody wanna be a body builer but dont no body wanna lift no heavy ass weights.
    -ronald coleman

12. Hoodoo

Hoodoo OT Supporter

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

13. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

rome wasn't built in a day. they didn't take many breaks, either

14. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

just know that each time you squat you're that much closer to throwing up.

15. xela

xela So say we all!

I know you macho men will love these. <3

Yoga is invigoration in relaxation. Freedom in routine. Confidence through self control. Energy within and energy without. ~Ymber Delecto

Warrior pose battles inner weakness and wins focus. You see that there is no war within you. You're on your own side, and you are your own strength. ~T. Guillemets

For me, yoga is not just a workout - it's about working on yourself. ~Mary Glover MyGen Profile Generator

16. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

17. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

18. benny196

benny196 New Member

That was a great article:bowdown:

19. Kotu

Kotu OT Supporter

I posted some stuff in that other thread..

some non training related...

Somebody made a comment in the main forum about someone who fell out of the ugly tree, got beat with the ugly stick on the way down and got bit by the ugly squirrel (or something to that effect). I just found it amusing since I consider myself a bit of a butterface It made me laugh.

^^Elfling said that in her training log... I don't know what the exact phrase is but I found it pretty funny.

Not a "cool" quote but.. good advice:

20. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

"Who wants a mustache ride?!"

21. deznutz

deznutz New Member

"When I step foot to my locker and change my shoes for training, it's like turning on a switch. I become a creature, not a human. I look to tear apart anyone and everyone in my way to hugeness and I don't care how I do it. I can feel my heart start jumping and my body saying "Beat me into the ground like a red-headed step child, I want punishment. I want to be a freak, a FREAK I TELL YOU!"

"The car you drive doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the size of the arm hanging out the window!"

"Gym Membership: $40, Protein Powder: $30, Lifting Straps: $10. Seeing You Just Move Out Of The Way For Me... Priceless!"

22. Memor

Memor Active Member

" Then somebody said, “Hey, Dick, why not a triathlon?”

How’s a guy who never learned to swim and hadn’t ridden a bike since he was six going to haul his 110-pound kid through a triathlon? Still, Dick tried.

Now they’ve done 212 triathlons, including four grueling 15-hour Ironmans in Hawaii. It must be a buzzkill to be a 25-year-old stud getting passed by an old guy towing a grown man in a dinghy, don’t you think?"

- Article on Rick Hoyt

"I'm not afraid so I know I can whip a muthafucka ass, you know what I'm sayin', I'm try to talk out of whippin peoples ass, I'm backpeddling, and I tell them I'm not trying to whip your ass, you know what I'm saying, I got in a fight in the club the other day, muthafucka hit me, I was trying not to whip his ass, but the muthafucka hit me dog, so I had to embarrass him, you know I defend myself but I don't go around looking for fights."

- Rampage

23. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

24. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

for the hoes

25. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

"Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied."
    - Mark Twain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.